Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: The Sor'inyt Tribe of Aerullin  (Read 11829 times)
Capher
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 5

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 28 December 2001, 10:12:00 »

Good suggestion Art. It may be possible that your tribe carries down oral tradition of more of their most influential leaders, wars or battles fought ect. That would help you with a timeline of sorts.

As far as origin and history I could possibly help you out there if you want it.

Since they are nomads you might want to think about names they have used for hidden oasis's they might have found over the years. Also it would be interesting If they have any hidden caches of treasure. These are just suggestions, you do not need to use them, I just thought I'd throw them out for your consideration.

Capher, Tribes and Races Supervisor Moderator.Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Anaea the Marked

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 December 2001, 12:35:00 »

hmm.. good ideas... i'll see what i can work them into. give me- oh- just a couple of days to churn something out. :)  thanks for your help mes aimes!

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 December 2001, 14:24:00 »

No problem, glad I could help.

Capher, Tribes and Races Supervisor Moderator.Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Anaea the Marked

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 December 2001, 01:22:00 »

:eek
hmm.. ignore the weird mistakes- everytime i post it screws it up- despite the fact that i have attmepted to change it..
well as you can see i attmepted to update it but information is missing and screwed up..  

"Popai n'o sonko ligta luc for'is a ment'ik, popai o sonko lighta lac o mart."
Sor'inyt saying - "Ask not why the sun sets, but why it rises."

Edited by: Anaea the Marked at: 12/29/01 7:31:04 am
Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 December 2001, 10:46:00 »

Do not worry. I still work on something for hours, put it in the post, and then either EZ board or I will mess up and all that work goes down the drain.  When that happens I beat up a pillow, last time I put my fist through the door so a pillow was recommended to me by my landlord. :lol  That door was expensive and it hurt.:lol

From what I did read it sounds great. You are even adding more info than what is required, but that is good. Art likes detail and so do I.  Keep it up.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #20 on: 30 December 2001, 13:41:00 »

I recommend preparing longer posts in Word or in a simple textfile, then copy and paste it to ezBoard:)  Now that you're going to destroy your house, you'll know why, eh, Capher?

Ok, so I guess we have all we want know here. So I'll take a look and see if I can integrate it already this update, okeydokey?

Santharian Webmaster & Forum Admin

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #21 on: 30 December 2001, 14:31:00 »

Your tribe is great, Anaea, now I don‘t  have to invent them, LOL (wasn‘t even on my to do list ;)   )

The only thing I don‘t like at all is the fact that you let kill them the male newborns and the twins. To the twins: I have read about killing twins because that event had an unlucky meaning to a tribe, don‘t know if it was in a fantasy story or a book about an  actual living tribe. But it is not necessary to add such a gruel aspect. You could of course invent a myth, but this isn‘t necessary as well. You can give your women other features to let them be strong and hard in the eyes of outsiders.

Of course you have to get rid of the small boys, but there are other possibilities. Either you give them back to their fathers (if you go the way with the few chosen ones you mentioned), or you introduce a plant which prevents getting boys. That would be a logical way in your society. If giving birth to a boy is connected with a lower social status every woman will try to get a girl - and they had time enough to experience to get only girls. To kill 50% of your offspring is quite hard and economical unwise. And this attitude towards life is contradictionary to the fact that your tribe has to fight for survival in the desert. Killing the boys doesn‘t help the tribe in the fight for the basic survival. Not getting them would be more logical. This could be an evolutionary factor as well, The women who have given birth to only girls will have more kids than women who tend to get boys, so the evolutionary factor would help to get only girls with the time (maybe the time is too short?).
If you say that there are normally no boys, but that if a woman gives birth to one that would mean a disaster, that is a different thing, a single event. Killing this infant wouldn‘t be inevitable, but doing it on a regular basis shouldn‘t have - in my opinion  - a place in the Dream. We don‘t need to add here all evil  things which occur in our world.

"Don't be pushed by your problems.  Be led by your dreams."

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 December 2001, 18:17:00 »

^Without trying to nitpick but it might open other solutions to this problem(is this really a problem? ;) )

The difference between boy and girl is not made by genetic code but other circumstances, I think. It is decided rather late and nature always tries to balance it about 50%-50% for every sex. We might consult our "Green hater"-expert on this. Wren should know.

But eventually you might use some kind of plant to affect this balance to get more girls than boys?

Just wondering. :)  

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Anaea the Marked

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 31 December 2001, 00:19:00 »

good ideas- i had worried a bit about the killing of boy infants. i considered the tribe them leaving in a village, but then wondered if the village would even take in a bastard child. i like the plant idea. it would decrease the chances of a boy child- [but isn't that actaully on the guy's end??]  and dramtisize the birth of a boy.

to the twins. i am currently working on fables/oral stories about their origin and other odd myths. actually the twin myth was going to play part in this. something about wins being born and almost destroying tribe...

i guess if you want to intregrate the tribe you can- but i have a question [it might be stupid :o  - but this IS my first time! ;)  ] can i update the entry? because if so then you can post this and then i could add in the fables/origin etc later. art, if you going to add this to the site, please make sure to correct any mistakes ezboard might have made- i'm going to attmept to reload the entry here in a couple of minutes. sorry- :o  forgive me. this tribe is my baby. :)

and yet another qusetion: am i taking this too far? Capher mentioned that i had more detail then really nessacary, but my mind is still brimming with information. [for instance, that which did not load right... :growl:]

well that's it for now! thanks for the wonderful comments- they're always welcome!! :)  

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #24 on: 31 December 2001, 03:17:00 »

Okeydokey. So I assume this entry is the final version for now, so I'll grab it and put it up, Anae!. Of course I read everything in details before putting it up, so I'll also correct all typos I might find etc. So don't worry.

And: No, you never can have too much info for your tribe:)  So if you have some more you can always add this later on and/or eventually do complete own entries in this context if it seems appropriate. So feel free to elaborate more, Anae - it's wonderful to have so much detail:)  

Santharian Webmaster & Forum Admin

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #25 on: 31 December 2001, 03:34:00 »

If you give good reasons for the killing of the twins,then I have no problem with it. :)
To the plant theorie: I know that the germs carrying the y make the boys, and that it is not the decision of the mother. But what gave me the idea is the fact that women over fourty give birth to far more girls than boys (4:1??). That is because the Y-germs are bit weaker, well different to the ones with an X in it. So I thought a plant could alter the condition of the vagina in the direction that only one type of germs, the one with the x are sucessfully. (but biology isn't my subject!))

"Don't be pushed by your problems.  Be led by your dreams."

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Anaea the Marked

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 31 December 2001, 20:56:00 »

YESSSSS!!!!!! i am now offical!!
yeah sorry that's it for me on this post! :)   i'm currently upgrading the entry with those missing peices and hopefully should fix the ezboard mistakes. also i am going to try to complete the oral traditions and ;)  the twins/birth control plant entry.  

Anaea the Marked

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 31 December 2001, 22:53:00 »

well i belive it is all done with the exception of the "birth-control" plant and the oral stories [which will give origin and a few good war stories.] :)  stayed tuned!! :laugh: ah- i have too much fun here really...

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03 January 2002, 11:50:00 »

So is your tribe finished or not? Should I give it to Art for consideration or are you going to still work on it?

I love the detail. Your imagination. Just everything. Like I've said many times before the talent that is on this website just blows me away.

Art you are a master at drawing talent to you and the Santharian Dream. ;)  

Anaea the Marked

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03 January 2002, 12:14:00 »

wel i'm currently workin gon getting this "birth-control" up and running. but other then that i belive it is finished. for the most part at least. the oral stories [while the first is 1/4 finished] will take me a little bit. i'm writing them all in "song" style first then i would like to go back through and explain things along the way. umm.. i am thinking this doesn't make sense... let me give a bit of an example:
:ahem:

The Or’ia

Episode One: Storm of the Gods

“Far- in the cold clutches of the mountains north/
We tended man’s clothes and meals/
Wives and daughters mothers and lovers/
We served and tended.”

“Until the dark day when R’ota came/
Over the cold mountains north/
With silver banners of death/
R’ota marched death in his wake.”

it's all in this style, but after i finish, i would like to go back through and make small comments in hopes [in vain perhaps] to explain a few things:

The Or’ia

Episode One: Storm of the Gods

“Far- in the cold clutches of the mountains north/
We tended man’s clothes and meals/
Wives and daughters mothers and lovers/
We served and tended.”

Sor'inyt women orignally came from the north, living "normal" lives as wives and daughters of men.  blah blah blah...

“Until the dark day when R’ota came/
Over the cold mountains north/
With silver banners of death/
R’ota marched death in his wake.”

a local lord , R'ota, presumably invaded the lands inhabited by the Sor'inyt women and their male conterparts. despite this narrative, no lord named R'ota has been discovered to have ruled. blah blah blah...

questions? comments? they're always welcome.
but [hopefully] the BC plant should be up and running later this afternoon.

also note that i had to revert back to the original format. ezboard just didn't like me. if i get enough time to screw around, i might put it into html.

btw: capher, i'm basking in the glow of your lovely comment on my imagination... :)  

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]