Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Elf tribe- The Sora  (Read 6867 times)
Uragel

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 09 February 2002, 06:54:00 »

I must admit that I haven't read the whole entry, and that I've just browsed through - but didn't Aylix try to 'create' something like this and it was a group descision to not allow them?

Although I think that he wanted them as a race and not a tribe, however the whole 'wings on back' thing was the idea - I'm personally not against the idea but just want to know... :

<runs and hides>

Uragel!
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.
And then do what the women did.Character Description
Moderating Mistress - All Round "Little Helper"

Tarquet Galbar

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 February 2002, 23:06:00 »

The reasons Aylix's thing wasn't accepted were thus:
1.)He submited it as a race, after we decided not to accept new races. This has been changed to a tribe.
2.)He wanted it to be an active thing, where I agree with Koldar and Drogo that this should be more mythical, not active today.
3.)He was using magic in way-out radical ways to try and explain the wings. That would seem to be a problem here, yes. But if a plausible and detailed way, that fits the magic system, can be thought up then I'll check it out.

It does seem like something a bit... non-Santharian, at least as an active thing, but as a myth plenty of things can be integrated.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 February 2002, 05:55:00 »

Looking back on that entry... there was not much discussion about it. Aylix didn't made further suggestions or more explanations and so his proposal got lost in the depths of this forum... so I now can't tell if it was that different.

The reason why I'm not all against it is because I somehow think that we might need a 'good-willed' pendant to demons at least in myths.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--Santharian Master of Disaster ;)--

Drogo
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 February 2002, 14:27:00 »

Definately agree with ya Koldar.  What's the point of demons without angels.  Everything needs a counter balance after all.

Drogo Lord of the North and Places Supervisor May Helvet bring courage to your blade, and Teimor grant death to your enemies

Sinen Darkchild

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 February 2002, 12:38:00 »

I'm working on it. Just kinda got caught up with some other stuff. The only idea I saw of Aylix's was the birdmen. He got the idea from me back when i tried to make this a race.

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?
Sinen Darkchild

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 February 2002, 12:40:00 »

I'm working on it. Just kinda got caught up with some other stuff. The only idea I saw of Aylix's was the birdmen. He got the idea from me back when i tried to make this a race.

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?
Capher
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 5

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 February 2002, 13:00:00 »

Some suggestions,  Maybe if you got rid of the wings, had them brought to the continent by say whales, since elves can communicate with animals I believe. Or maybe your tribe prayed to Grothar and he answered their prayer and allowed them to choose just a male and a female from your tribe to propogate your tribe on the new continent.  Then everything else will fit and you won't have a mythical tribe but a lost elven one.  How does that sound?

These are just suggestions of course I'm sure others will put their two cents in.

Capher, Tribes and Races Supervisor Moderator.Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Sinen Darkchild

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13 February 2002, 08:11:00 »

I've edited the description at the beginning. Go there to see the changes.

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 February 2002, 09:10:00 »

It looks good, but I'm still not sure about the wings.  I was thinking more along the line that Grothar allowed the two ride the wind to their new home.  Will have to see what the others say. Ok?  If no objections then will put it up for update.  Though I would like to see some history if possible or some important names or places.  But since this is a lost tribe, then I suppose there would not be that much history, but if someone found them, which I assume is the case, since you are writing about them, then they could have gotten the history, important names and places from the "horses mouth" so to speak.

Capher, Tribes and Races Supervisor Moderator.Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Sinen Darkchild

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13 February 2002, 12:44:00 »

Well, The history and important people will come eventually. It's taking to long to write at the moment and I'm bogged down with work. I will get it eventually. I mean, except for after the move to the new continent they share a history much like the other elves. Important people, the two chosen to go to the new continent.(no names yet.)

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 13 February 2002, 15:24:00 »

Ok, fine then I'll just keep an eye on this post and tribe and when it is finished, history and all then I will upload it for Art's approval.

Good job Sinen, Keep up the good work.  Looking forward to the finished product.

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13 February 2002, 19:56:00 »

There is one possibility that Greybark suggested to me for one of my demons. One, or may all, not sure, of the Brownie tribes did 'experiments' of sorts using lifemagic, I think, and made some odd creations. Maybe this could be one of those? The wings, I mean, ya know. That's his decision, though, really.

Good to see you back, Capher!

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Greybark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13 February 2002, 22:21:00 »

Could be done, but only in the time of Birn. They'd be elves before, right? Why would they submit to such a change, done by Birnis (ancient Brownies)? And what would make it worth the Birni's while?

Brownie Expert

Sinen Darkchild

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 February 2002, 13:07:00 »

Check out the history now. I think it's ready. Just let me know what you think.

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 February 2002, 13:34:00 »

All right I just reread your history.  Ok this is what I think.

You are determined to have wings. though I do not like the idea, so be it.  I like the names of the people however they are not Styrish names, the elven language, so they need to be changed.  After they are changed then you need to put them in the people outline.  Also you need historical dates not just references.  Including when Sinen found the book of Sora.

Do not be discouraged.  It is coming along fine, just need to tweak it a little to make it as good as an entry as possible.

One other suggestion, when doing the history break it up into paragraphs.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]