Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Races Overview.  (Read 4542 times)
Capher
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 5

View Profile
« on: 30 January 2002, 17:24:00 »

As discussed in the general Santharian thread. Overview on races (read Uragels suggestion, RPG) Anyone who has created a race/tribe please make overview of same and post it here. Thanks.

Capher, Tribes and Races Supervisor Moderator.Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.

Edited by: Capher at: 1/29/02 11:29:21 pm

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Wren
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2002, 18:13:00 »

That's the second change in as many weeks. Me and Greybark can't keep up.....I'm gonna have to rework the Ylfferhim thing again. NO MORE CHANGING!!!!!

BADGER

Anaea the Marked

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2002, 19:25:00 »

i'm not quite sure if this is what is needed. :|   if not- suggestions??

The Sor’inyt Tribe Overview
The Sor’inyt tribe is a matriarchal introverted tribe; which is located in eastern plains and deserts of the southern continent, Aerullin. Community base of the mysterious Cani’tpa, fierce tattooed female warriors. Despite having developed a complicated auditory language, the members of the tribe are mostly illiterate. The tribe also is the sole producer of the very expensive, very beautiful, cloth, Yuatu’way.

"Popai n'o sonko ligta luc for'is a ment'ik, popai o sonko lighta lac o mart."
Sor'inyt saying - "Ask not why the sun sets, but why it rises."

Edited by: Anaea the Marked at: 1/30/02 8:09:53 pm
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2002, 20:02:00 »

MerFolk Overview

The Merfolk are sentient creatures, although not high in intelligence. They are humanoid above the waist, merging into a strong fish-tail below.  Merfolk live in shallow water near uninhabited islands or deeper water with rockcrags on which they can sun themselves.   They speak a pidgin language called Mermish and a subaquatic language known as Mersong ( a series of whistles, fluting sounds, sub- and super-sonic pulses )   They are ommnivorous but are protective of the larger fish such as whales and dolpholk.  

This what you want?
Regards from the Bard

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Xarl
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 January 2002, 21:10:00 »

Psyrpents: A strange and feared race of the Celeste Mountains, the Psyrpents are the deadly combination of lizard, man, and fearsome psychic ability. However, for the most part they keep within their subterranean strongholds, well aware of the fear and hatred they invoke in the other races. They don't mess with the world, and the world doesn't mess with them.

Xarl Bluestride, Archmage of the White Arcana, Master of the Magic Forum, and generally cool guy. All requests are to be written on the back of a ten-dollar bill (or equivelant thereof) placed on a dead ferret, and tossed in the sewer system.
Xarl Bluestride
Owner of the longest sig in Santharia

Greybark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 January 2002, 22:00:00 »

Me and Wren can't keep up!

Definitely agree with Wren in her sentiment. I have put an unusually large number of hours into Santharia recently, mainly to unwind and balance out the stress from RL I've been experiencing recently. Soon, in a few weeks perhaps, I will no longer be able to do that. I hope to get all 5 Brownie tribes re-written and expanded to fit the new format, as well as Birn and then the general Brownie entry.

I don't read the RPG board. Could you please list here a summary of what was discussed in the RPG board and in the general thread, and I will try my best. (At least its short) :)

Brownie Expert

Theodorus Holzman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 January 2002, 09:05:00 »

Mullog: Unknown by most other races, Mullogs reside in the Silvermarshes and avoid all contact with other races. Originated as a cross breed between Halflings and Orcs, both betrayed by the ones they trusted, Mullogs are the only known race being able to survive in the harsh conditions in the Silvermarshes.

"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune-they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures."

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 31 January 2002, 15:50:00 »

Out of Geans entry:

A human nomadic desert tribe living in the Rahaz-Dath Desert, the remnants of the old Stratanian tribe that chose to remain in the desert instead of settling down on the coast. Controls all the secure paths through the dunes and is thus able to survive under the pressure of the trade kingdom of Stratania. Called the Shendarions by foreigners.

Als Gott den Mann schuf übte sie nur.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Xarl
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 January 2002, 21:54:00 »

Kasumarii: Remote tribe of ninja, they are well known to much of the Santharian nobility as the Shadow Assassins. Very few are found in Santharia, but those that are found are extremely dangerous, combining stealth, poisons, and shadow magic into one deadly combination. See inside.

Xarl Bluestride, Archmage of the White Arcana, Master of the Magic Forum, and generally cool guy. All requests are to be written on the back of a ten-dollar bill (or equivelant thereof) placed on a dead ferret, and tossed in the sewer system.
Xarl Bluestride
Owner of the longest sig in Santharia

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 January 2002, 22:02:00 »

The Volkek-Oshra:
A tribe of orcs who live in Ximax. Controllers of the Tower of Fire and the staff thereof. Live in cattacombs under the tower. They are very powerful in magic, and all of their number can use it.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Drogo
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 February 2002, 19:59:00 »

A collection of 10 different tribes that reside above the Tandala Highlands.  The tribes are in constant feuding amongst themselves that create a constant life of battle.  They are incredible horsemen and warriors, many view them as barbarians without understanding their many complexities.  They are the remnants of the once powerful Mynian Kingdom.

Edited by: Drogo at: 2/1/02 2:04:29 am
Drogo
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 February 2002, 20:03:00 »

The largest and most knowledgeable tribe of elves in Northern Sarvonia.  They reside in the Shaded woods.  They have spent many a year protecting their beloved forest from the axes and fire from nearby orcs.  Relying on sword, bow, magic, and their strong eastern fortress for defence. They are a saddened tribe, for they have seen and participated in the Age of Myths, seeing the wonders that all can create, but now they live in a barbarous world.

Uragel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 February 2002, 21:32:00 »

- How do you have to change your entry to create a quick 'this is my tribe / race'???

The Tethinrhim live in the Auturian woods. Being one of the most brutal of all the elven tribes there is. Their own Kaierian Warriors are looked upon highly. Not having much to do with magic, however their tribe does have a few highly gifted people. A community based tribe which honors the warrior within

Uragel!
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.
And then do what the women did.Character Description
Moderating Mistress - All Round "Little Helper"

Greybark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 February 2002, 07:05:00 »

-Uragel: I don't think we have to change anything in our entries....this is for a glorified table of contents page, if I'm not mistaken.
-Whew! All five Brownie tribes. I'll do the race overview later. Any problems or suggestions with these let me know! Er....like maybe are they too long?

LLaoihrr Tribe
The LLaoihrr tribe lives in the Vale of Brownies, in Eyelia. Diligent and hard-working, they still know how to have fun. They worship the spirits of tree and rock and stream, though not as fervently as their Aohu'o cousins. Best known for their intricate wood-based technology, which though ahead of its time, is often difficult for them to adapt to the needs of other races. They are also the record-keepers and historians of the Brownie race, their language the closest to the original Browniin. A clan-based society, each clan provides a specific product or service to be traded with the other clans.

Memnoor Tribe
The Memnoor tribe lives just within the Etherial Void on the continent of Aeruillin. The most open of the Brownie tribes, they will accept as their own anyone who will contribute for the good of the tribe. Theirs is an utopian society, holding firmly to the maxim, 'from each according to his ability, to each according to his need', and are generally non-religious. They are unique in that they survive by harvesting the bounty of other worlds through the Void on one hand, and Lightworm riders braving the deserts on the other. They have established several colonies in other worlds.

Aohu'o Tribes
The Aohu'o tribe, sub-divided into as many as 200 distinct bands, live mainly in inland Akdor, but they can also be found scattered throughout Sorren, both as minorities among the other tribes, and as a treeful here and a treeful there. Hunter-gatherers, Aohu'o are wildly mischeivious, to the point of being obnoxious, but they are also the guardians of Brownie culture and religion, as well as being the best hunters and marksmen of the Brownie tribes. Shamans re-enact history and myth, keeping the past alive. They also encourage the reverence of the spirits of tree and rock and stream, making the spirits as real to the Aohu'o as the animals they hunt.

Milken Tribe
The Milken tribe, living in Milkengrad, is unique in that they have become one society together with the Milkengradians, with whom they have developed a symbiotic relationship. A Milken family lives in virtually every Milkengrad house, and helps the family in whatever they do for a living, or in whatever else they might need helping with. In return they gain respect, and are well taken care of, normally being seen as part of the family. Alone among the Brownie tribes, they worship Ava, and culturally are more Milkengradian then Brownie.

Rat Brownie Tribe
The Rat Brownies are the Brownies that all the other Brownie tribes would like to forget exist. Lost or never found when modern Brownie civilization was being rebuilt, they now live fragmented into dozens of bands scattered both in the sewers underneath major cities, and in far off forgotten corners of Sorren. Many of these bands are at constant war, both with other bands, and with starvation. Shut away from the world above, eating the refuse of the citydwellers, and in many cases inbred, many of these bands have suffered from severe mutations, rendering them hideous in various ways, different for each tribe. The spirits they worship are spirits of nature, just as for the LLaoihrr and Aohu'o tribes, but they have also become, dark, bloodthirsty, and twisted, and are served in terror. Viewed as savages by others at best, the Rat Brownies have little contact with other races or even with other Brownie tribes.

Brownie Expert

Edited by: Greybark at: 2/13/02 6:47:17 pm
Anaea the Marked

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 February 2002, 23:57:00 »

Art/Capher do you think this should be "sticky"? it might be hard to find as things progress- esp if this is something we "need" to do in the future.. :)  

"Popai n'o sonko ligta luc for'is a ment'ik, popai o sonko lighta lac o mart."
Sor'inyt saying - "Ask not why the sun sets, but why it rises."

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]