Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Woven  (Read 1872 times)
Mendacius

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 20 February 2002, 19:51:00 »

This is a race I (the name Thox was already taken as a global account name) wrote about in the New Player Information board under "Another Race Question." Yes, Artimidor, I realize you are not currently accepting new races, but I thought it would still be nice to get this posted so I can have an initial response ;)

Everyone, please ask questions! Much of the history has been left out so that it can be filled in later as part of a storyline, but chances are you will still hit on something that I forgot to include.

"Immortality would be great if it happened to everyone. Under current circumstances, however, I'm afraid it's quite lonesome."

Mendacius

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2002, 19:52:00 »

The Woven

Edited by: Mendacius  at: 4/15/02 9:18:42 pm
Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2002, 23:09:00 »

Aside from the Not Accepting Races thing:

Somehow, I doubt any modern day Weavers would be able to accomplish such a feat. It would have had to have been an Old Weaver, as they were ultimately more powerful than Weavers now (the reason for power reduction is actually the secret work of the Old Weavers). The problem there would be that it wouldn't have been possible for him to do that without the five Masters knowing. They were very close to all-knowing when it came to the manipulations of the Web and it's changing and shifting form. For that the Masters probably would have stripped him of his flesh and killed him, then destroyed his creations.

Even if a modern-day Weaver could do this, on his own none-the-less, the Old Weavers probably would have done some sort of damage control and destroyed them before now, without the knowledge of the modern-day Weavers of course.

As for 'not following the ordered pattern of Weaving' well... the Weavers are pretty much the ultimate in dictatorship and rule following. Very few rebel and go against orders. Though it is possible. But Initiates are always respectful to their Mentors, otherwise you'd probably get 'left back' a couple years.

Just my two-cents, which is probably third in power down from Capher and Art, since I made the Weavers. :)  

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 February 2002, 06:54:00 »

So you don't fear my annoying stubborness anymore, Tarquet? I'll have to change that! *lol*

My main problem with this species is mainly, what's its purpose and why does now as new races are not well-seen start to limit the number of their species to numbers I would not call it a race or species but only a phenomenom?

To make it short I currently don't see the place of these creature in the whole system.

BTW: From the first feel these creature seem to stand in some context to Mystrans to me though not necessarily of evil spirit... maybe consider fitting them in there instead of making a completely new species.
Also in this entry is a reference to Whisps, a formless creature that was never developed. I'd suggest to play around with these missing pieces to integrate it into an existing concept...

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--Santharian Master of Disaster ;)--

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 2/20/02 12:55:58 pm
Capher
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 5

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2002, 12:05:00 »

Hm... Tarquet since I do not have the expertice on Weavers as you have, since you did after all invent them. I will leave your comments as well as Koldar's as my answer to this question.  I also add my own.

Would not the masters of Weavers, I'm not sure what they are called at the moment have stopped this person before he started to create another race?

Me thinks that there are just too many holes in the conception to make it plausible, besides the obvious that Koldar pointed out.  Why is this race even being considered?  If it is to fulfill a story you are writing, then write the story but make the race a myth.

Just some suggestions.

Capher, Tribes and Races Supervisor Moderator.Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Ralhag Silverskin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 February 2002, 17:45:00 »

By the way, Thox, as you've been told....

NO NEW RACES...

LOL

Everytime I say it, it gets funnier....

At yer service,
Ralhag

No one knows if they've bitten off more than they can chew, until, of course, they choke!

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 February 2002, 22:12:00 »

And here we see the rare phenomenon. Ralhag's only source of joy. :lol  

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Mendacius

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 February 2002, 18:22:00 »

I probably should have explained this earlier, but the reason I want to have this set of creatures--not really a race, I suppose--recognized here is for a storyline centering on a character I plan to introduce, who is one of the nine members of The Woven. The other eight (actually, only four others will likely play a role in the story at all) will be NPCs who show up at different points, though if someone approached me who was interested in playing the part of one of them I would be most delighted (assuming that any of this actually comes to pass).

What if I WAS to introduce this as a phenomenon rather than an entire race as Koldar mentioned? I'd have to have it explained to me what freedoms or restrictions this sort of inclusion would provide me over having them classified as a race. In the story I have in mind I don't see there ever being more members than the nine mentioned in my initial description, and given their lack of a specific culture and the minimal impact that their existence would have on the world around them, this certainly seems like a plausible option...

They have to come from somewhere, though, so the creation facet of their history is going to have to stay. The time element (about 500 years ago in my original post) is fairly flexible, if that will help. I'll try reading more about the Weavers as time provides so that I can make modifications to suit what others have already written. Could something like this have been created by someone other than a Weaver? The only reason I even considered introducing this idea in the first place is because of the similar origins of the Psyrpents, though I suppose they were created quite a long time ago, weren't they?

P.S. I know, Ralhag, but I'm a persistent bugger ;)  I'll either find a way or wait until new races are allowed.

"Immortality would be great if it happened to everyone. Under current circumstances, however, I'm afraid it's quite lonesome."

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
Yea
« Reply #8 on: 23 February 2002, 09:39:00 »

Psyrpents were created around the War of the Chosen to be like shock troops.

And it would have to be a very powerful wizard, like one that would have been around during the WoC, to do this. Like I said, Old Weaver times. But that carries the same problems I mentioned before.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]