Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: The Dead Lords of Modocia  (Read 5591 times)
Timeras

Gained Aura: 0

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« on: 28 May 2002, 15:52:00 »

OK, first submitted idea... here we go

General: THE DEAD LORDS, group of some 20 undead mages and summoners who live in a The Darkwind Citadel (a mountain or somthing similar,  with good sized demon army ("The Alcatarian Brotherhood") who have vowed to conquer the world. They raise dead human heroes to lead ther troops into battle and control them with powerfull sorcery.They weild staffs which amplify their powers. There could perhaps be extensive mytholegy sorounding them and would make a good "Ultimate Evil" to battle at the end of Ava's Dream
IDEA SCRAPPED

Edited by: Timeras at: 5/30/02 11:38:35 pm
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2002, 17:12:00 »

Is this a story idea? This wouldn't necessarily need any santharian background to work out.

Main problem about such a thing would be to find a place and a time where such a thing or something similar would work. Also the current way they wouldn't quite fit into the existing Santharian scheme.

Maybe reduce it to a dark brotherhood without the demon army and stuff and only myths about some artefacts of the Chosen(the once most powerful mages that ever walked Sorren) with which you could conquer the world.

In a whole this might reduce the epic of the order but would in my opinion just put it into the far past and into mostly myths of this order.

Don't understand me wrong but new ideas have to be worked into the existing world and this is always a difficult task but  20 mages with staffs and demon army would somehow "destablize" what is already on the site so I'd switch it around and make it a myth for a powerhungry sect or something! ;)

I'd suggest to roam the site, esspecially the history and cosmology section to get a feeling for the place.

Otherwise I'd say, another order of dark mages somewhere, why not?

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--Santharian Master of Disaster ;)--

Timeras

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2002, 17:25:00 »

hmmm... perhaps i was thinking a bit to grandiose.ok lose the army, or better yet it was once under there control but no longer is.maybe reduce it to 10 mages as for time i really would prefer to keep it in the present but placewise just about anywhere on the santharian plane of existance would work (if anyone has an idea about where please let me know). As for myths about artifacts "fine by me" infact better than what i could have come up with. I gess any changes to the idea are fine as long as the general idea remains intact.

Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2002, 01:49:00 »

So lose the army, therefore you have a bunch of 10-20 odd mages/necromancers and their purpose would be....? Generally creating mayhem and chaos? Or still bent on conquering the world? Without an army, that might be a little difficult....

Edited by: Dala Valannia at: 5/28/02 8:51:36 am
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2002, 02:26:00 »

Yeah, but you don't get an army from nowhere and demon armies date back to the War of the Chosen and are rather rare and uncontrollable I think.

I think a brotherhood of mages who seeks to control or conquer the world by magical means, treason or intrigue might be interesting, though.

In fanatic groups the goal doesn't have to be realistic, you know. :)  

Timeras

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2002, 20:49:00 »

Ok, I admit im dissapointed that attempt two was rejected (I was very proud of it), but your reasons were valid so here gos  my third and final attempt. (Takes place DURING the war of the chosen) The Story begins with the Dark chosen Sorcerer known as "Alteth the Tyranical" also known as the 4th lord (for reasons unknown) when the war started he vowed he would become the most powerfull human warlord of all time. Massing all his power he created a master weapon the "Forsaken Blade" with it he led an army to conquer the world, but was killed on the battlefield by a stray arrow ... but he did not stay dead for long. Several years later from his stronghold called Modocia he summoned a great army and lead it in another attempt to defeat his enemys, but as Ava's book says they were only "chosen" to destroy themselves he did. He and his army were killed aiding an ally at the battle of Eight Winds. As for his sword, it wasrecoverd by the survivers of a destroyed kingdom and taken to their only remaining city Remusiat. Where it has become an heirloom for thier lords.

This good Koldar?

Edited by: Timeras at: 5/29/02 8:46:16 pm
Timeras

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2002, 20:51:00 »

correction in line six its not swared its swarmed

Timeras

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2002, 21:34:00 »

Just testing my custom signiture

Timeras of Remusiat, Hero of The Battle of the Lake, Hater of Beggers (you would to if you lived in Nadsokor for a year), and wielder ofthe Forsaken Blade

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2002, 13:04:00 »

Might be boring but it would help to read:

www.santharia.com/compend...adosia.htm
and
www.santharia.com/history...ilence.htm

to get an overview what the basics of Sorren are.

The current version of the myth would not go along well with these basics(other planes of existance, god races, etc... doesn't work that way). I'd emphasize to make this order less great, less godlike so it is easier to find a time where they might have risen to great power(and have fallen again, of course! ;) ) and esspecially where that might have happened.

You can make the start point of the brotherhood to be acrolytes of a dark Chosen who try to find some mythical artefact from him to rise to great power again...

Hope you don't get too resignated but it has to fit into Santharia and that is always a not so easy task taking into account how much stuff already is there. :)  

Timeras

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 May 2002, 13:44:00 »

look up where the last one was for my changes

Timeras of Remusiat, Hero of The Battle of the Lake, Hater of Beggers (you would to if you lived in Nadsokor for a year), and wielder ofthe Forsaken Blade

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 May 2002, 13:55:00 »

Hmmm... I guess this new one is workable somehow.

From the tale I take it that he was just yet another chosen thinking he could rule the world but fell (maybe by the hands of some bigger Dark Chosen?) but was resurrected afterwards (maybe right by that chosen that he serves him as a general in the great battles.
So to the battle of the Eight Winds bay he was a mere captain with great ambitions(mainly to kill his master some day and replace him) but fell like most others in battle before he got the chance?

I'd maybe think about the name again, more his title though that can still wait.

This are only some more suggestions to fill up the gaps and make it sound more continuous.

What do others think?

Avis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2002, 14:12:00 »

Is there a group of mages trying to ressurect this chosen now, or was that first story scrapped. I quite like the idea of a cult trying to resurrect a chosen but its your call

Timeras

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30 May 2002, 14:39:00 »

hmmm... i quite like that idea too, what you think Koldar?

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 June 2002, 21:06:00 »

*Marchs in, all magical like to ruin the party.*

Necromancers and Demonologists are generally loners, aside from when in Ximax when they come together to study, and for Demonologists the True Vision cult. Summoners... I dunno, but anyway.

Especially when Necromancers make themselves into Liches they usually become even more reclusive. Working magic with dead bodies tends to do that, you know? As for ressurecting a Chosen, especially one of the ones that made big evil demon armies, well... They would probably KILL whoever ressurected them. Not to mention that the Wizard in the White Tower or at least Capher (as his servant) would probably intervene (though that's not really my call). He is the last of the Chosen, and probably wouldn't want any of the others brought back to resume the war.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Avis

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07 June 2002, 02:16:00 »

Yeah but if these guys where a bit pathetic and had no real chance of raising the chosen it wouldn't really matter would it?

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]