Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: The Dead Lords of Modocia  (Read 5590 times)
Tarquet Galbar

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 07 June 2002, 12:53:00 »

Second time my real point has been missed today...

Necromancers are usually loners. Summoners probably wouldn't be undead, and couldn't amass demon armies. For demon armies you'd need Demonologists. Demonlogists are also usually loners, with the exception of the True Vision Cult, and that's not really about their magic, more evil brainwashing than anything. Sure, they come together at Ximax to share knowledge, but they aren't socialites.

Also, I think all of the Chosen spots are filled, though if it's not somewhere on the site Capher would need to give the names, and he's not here.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 June 2002, 13:12:00 »

It would be a myth and there are many Chosen unmentioned. There were not only two or three but possibly hundreds of them! In Northern Sarvonia there were a few big ones. How many survived the final battles and were overwhelmed lateron is yet unknown. So there is more than enough space for more myths and legends.

And if you have a common goal I guess that even Necromancers would unite their powers, esspecially when a common belief/prophecy tells them so.
It is not about Necromancers in general but about a certain group of mages joined by a common belief, they're possibly a sect. That changes imho their attitude and motives why they do Death magic.

Anyway I hope Timerias shows up again soon 'cause I guess his human tribe would be the first thing to finish.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--Santharian Master of Disaster ;)--

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 June 2002, 13:23:00 »

Sure, Necromancers could come together, but when they become Liches things change a bit. Necromancers are loners, and even if they come together, they aren't going to be very cooperative. When they become Liches they're dead. They don't really care about interaction or the world any more. Becoming a Lich is really the pinnacle of power for Necromancers, they achieve the highest goal of Necromancy. They understand they are pretty much immortal, and no long care about quickness. Time is not a concern for whatever plan they want to carry out, neither are partners. Why form a posse to achieve something now when you can just sit back and wait for time to do it for you?

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 June 2002, 13:26:00 »

When your power is not enough you would certainly do.

Though I see no need to discuss about thios now as this idea will evolve when the other things (Forsakken Blade, Remusiat) has been given more thought.

Timeras

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 June 2002, 13:28:00 »

I'm back! and yeah a reserection of Alteth is not what im working on now and anyway his soul i trapped witin the Forsaken Blade so anyone trying to bring him back would need it. the Remusian tribe entry does need to be finished first and I really want to get that one posted this weekend. So... any feed back on that or any of my other entrys would be great.  

Timeras of Remusiat, Hero of The Battle of the Lake, Hater of Beggers (you would to if you lived in Nadsokor for a year), and wielder ofthe Forsaken Blade

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08 June 2002, 12:34:00 »

Personally Koldar, I do feel a need to discuss it, because I don't see how a soul-stealing sword that makes the weilder nearly invincible because is uses the stolen souls, and a new town, are going to help the fact that a bunch of undead people are teaming up for world conquest. Also the fact that Wednesday I'm gone for three weeks and I'd like to get this cleared up before then.

The only way I got away with a cult of demonologists is becuase of the influence of Shavak in the Netherworld, and the fact that like most cults the pretty much brainwash people they try to recruit.

I really just don't see why these people would come together.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 June 2002, 13:30:00 »

Because one alone cannot get this to work?
Because they were once all servants of this Chosen?
Because a curse forces them to fulfill this task?
Eventually because their sect follows this prophecy since thousands of years?
Because their souls were bound to this sword?

Don't know, Tarq, but when we don't even have place for such myths Santharia is becoming rather boring, don't you think? In my eyes this idea is workable, the when and how has to be cleared up though, also how much is myth and how much is fact.
But this topic has not top priority, the tribe of Remusiat has, and the tribes entry could still need work!(Timeras, I hope you understand that.)

Viresse
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08 June 2002, 14:00:00 »

But you understand, Koldar, that Timeras' entries all interlock and weave around one another. If one thing doesn't work, then the others may not work.

I agree that Timeras should take one thing at a time. Start with the most important and then work his way down. No one will take his ideas and it will stress him out less, and we'll be able to help him out.

Viresse Sheelala

*pokey de Viresse* - character descriptions moderator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08 June 2002, 14:40:00 »

*sighs*

Forget the this thread, forget the other thread, now focus on the Ice tribe thread! Beside that it is all workable we should not lose focus ourselves. When I tell a Newbie he start out with one thing after the other it makes no sense that we argue about his other ideas now and then.
Of course it needs work and of course it interlinks but as long as we do not work on the history of the places Timeras develops now this makes absolutely no sense at all!

One thing after teh other, Santharians, and give Newbies a chance!!

Sorry if that sounds harsh.

Timeras

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08 June 2002, 14:51:00 »

Guys, Koldar is right, my tribe entry is the base for all the other ideas and it appears that none of my things are even finished yet.

Timeras of Remusiat, Hero of The Battle of the Lake, Hater of Beggers (you would to if you lived in Nadsokor for a year), and wielder ofthe Forsaken Blade

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08 June 2002, 17:10:00 »

If this is supposed to just be a myth then it's in the wrong place. I don't really care of there are myths about moutain goats who shoot magical lightning bolts out their arses, but if it's an actual group which is current and working then it's an entirely different ballgame.

But yea, the rest should be finished first.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers

Wren
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 9

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08 June 2002, 18:51:00 »

OK I'm probably the last person anyone wants to see in this thread right ;)  

But I do feel like I have to add my two penneth worth.

1. (To Timeras) I understand exactly where Tarq and Vir are coming from. Timeras I really feel you must take their comments seriously to heart. For the time being (at least until Tarq returns) I would beg you to place your ideas about the dead lords, indviduals and the sword on hold, as Koldar and Tarq have both agreed. I reccomend you go look at my Ylfferhim entry.  Anthioullsn is their most important leader: but I hardly mention him. It is not nessesary. If you really wish a table of kings can be added but the main point of a tribe entry is to explain the nature of the people.

Look at it this way. Can you name the Kings of Zimbabwae, or the President of Egypt offhand? But If I asked you to you could tell me a little about the culture. So it is with Tribe entries. Don't be to preoccupied with history. Remember you can add these elements to any entry later. I've done three redrafts of the first tribe I ever did. It is better to write less and then add as you knowledge of Santharia and your ideas develop. And with a little luck, Drogo might return, he would be the best person to help you refine your ideas. Just take it slow. There's no hurry.

2. Tarq, Vir, I'll make no bones about it. I share your view point. I'm sceptical about the concepts involved here. But here's the biggie; I trust Koldar implicitly. If he says that he can make it work, then I believe him. At the end of the day, niether Koldar, nor Arti for that matter would allow anything to go up that went against the the principles of Sanharia, or that other team members were unhappy about. *hands out choclate bars and tubs of mango sorbet (yum)* Tarq, don't worry. Nothing will go up on points you are unhappy about without your agreement. I'll see to that, cos man can I strop (he he Tarq gotta new word) when I have to! And Virs mod anyway now so.....

3. Koldar mate this better be good ;)   But remember what it is like when a newbie rubs you up the wrong way, or treads on one of your areas of expertise? I do.

pub176.ezboard.com/fsanth...=140.topic

And I qoute:
'The problem is not new ideas. The current situation is that we have too many new ideas which lie around started by Newbies years ago and then abandoned after only some weeks of interest.'

OK this is slightly different. But it stinks don't it? Just don't rule out Tarq's opinions. I know you'll get Timeras on the right track

Being so diplomatic really isn't my style.

*Goes out looking for small children or newbies to kick*

Contact The Elfy Secretary and Santharia's People Person
The Santharian Dream - Where fantasy dreams come true

Edited by: Wren at: 6/8/02 3:25:40 am
Timeras

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08 June 2002, 22:13:00 »

whooah people ... give me some room to breathe  I should have mentioned this earlier but I like to get my ideas down on paper before I post them here. (that reminds me i need a new notebook) now long before I found this site I had created my own world, In which Remusia was a great empire. I put much work into it and and then when I decided to contribute to this site I converted an empire into a city (actually surprisingly difficult) and a modern threat (The twenty Dead Lords) into a ancient legend (Alteth the Tyrannical, The Dead Lord). My originall plan was to build m own little haven in the backwoods of Santharia before I to contributed to other's ideas, and as for the comment "It should be open to everyone"
I never said I wouldn't let people contribute to my region or even my people and city. and i never said I wouldn't help others. Now im sure your all wanting me to shut up now so i will, but remember: I can only go as far as you let me, but ill try not to go too far. As for my other entries, city and sword are on hold, and people entry is COMPLETEY scrapped.

Wren
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 9

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09 June 2002, 06:31:00 »

I was simply explaining their point of view, not giving you orders. Sheesh. Some people you just cannot help.

Contact The Elfy Secretary and Santharia's People Person
The Santharian Dream - Where fantasy dreams come true

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09 June 2002, 07:15:00 »

Wren, the difference to 3.) is that Eye of the Beholder pi**ed me off personally by not reacting to my suggestions.

Here we have only ideas that must be adjusted and can be adjusted without any major rules broken only the context is not yet there.

Can we please close this topic as it should have been by anyone with according moderator's rights. This discussion is useless as Timeras first post already signals that this idea is put back in row for later.

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 6/8/02 3:40:08 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]