Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: The Origin Of The Fae...  (Read 6573 times)
Artemis
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 19 November 2002, 10:46:00 »

I haven't read that bit... hmmmmm... the thing is, I guess that the demons wouldn't live where the Fae live themselves... hmmmmmm... the Fae inhabit only a small part of the Void (I mean, isn't the thing infinitely big?) so... perhaps the Fae have rumours and see demons occasionally... I mean one race, called the Glinkli, are pretty nasty Fae so perhaps they are in contact with some of the demons... dunno, just some random thoughts.

:D  :D  :D  

Greybark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 November 2002, 13:40:00 »

The size of the Void is weird too....but yes, for practical purposes, consider it to be as long a way around as the circumference of Sorren.

Brownie Expert

Artemis
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 November 2002, 16:43:00 »

OK... ummmm, do you suppose there is a way, once more Fae entries are up that we could add a few sentences to the Ethereal Void entry saying about the Fae?

Not change it, just a little addition...?

To Have Flown With The Phoenix, Is To Have Lived Your Dreams...

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #18 on: 21 November 2002, 17:06:00 »

Well, I see several problems with your Fae/Pixies concept at the moment, you should definitely fix. I still have to read the Pixies entry in more detail, but here are my main concerns/things I have to mention:

- You say e.g. that Pixies are Fae, but though your describe the origin of the Fae here, there is no entry on the Fae. So what is a Fae? You still haven't explained that part to my satisfaction. You write "No-one really knows how the Fae first came to the Void, and why they decided to settle in such a tempestuous place." So what are they? Have they always been a race of their own? If so, where did this race originate? If not, were they then initally humans, dwarves, elves, halflings, Brownies etc? So I completely lack a Fae description/entry - this should be first, before you describe any sub-species.

- You definitely have to write it this way, that they do not have to exist in reality. Fae are mythical as we've defined, so any description that this and that really is as you describe is, doesn't fit to the myth thingy. You can quote from various legends for example, or you can take the Jakata book as a reference (could be interpreted as the ramblings of a crazed person or an authentic account, which only few believe). Use many phrases like "it is said" and similar ones etc. This is the only way I guess the Fae and their kind can be described properly without contradicting main Santharian principles.

In the same respect Fae magic shouldn't be treated as an existing science, but should be quoted e.g. from Jakata's writings, and you could perhaps let Santharians comment on it from another perspective in the text if you want to add more authenticity.

---

More comments on the Pixies should follow later, but what I've said above is of relvance of course for the Pixie entry as well.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 11/20/02 11:07:43 pm

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Greybark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 November 2002, 21:17:00 »

once you've polished it up, sure, should be no problem to tweak the Void entry........

Brownie Expert

Artemis
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 November 2002, 06:27:00 »

Thanks for the comments Artimidor... I've realised exactly why everyone has been getting so confused.

Hopefully the new improved version (coming to a PC near you soon ;) ) will clear it up, and make the actual existence far more questionable.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #21 on: 23 November 2002, 14:34:00 »

Yeah, no need to be depressed, Artemis, if things don't move on the site immediately. You only need a bit of endurance to adjust your ideas and with a little patience we'll get the Fae up, nicely integrated in the general world concept:D  

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artemis
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 November 2002, 18:26:00 »

OK... one revised version.

Hopefully this can be given the big thumbs up!

To Have Flown With The Phoenix, Is To Have Lived Your Dreams...

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #23 on: 05 December 2002, 16:49:00 »

Okeydokey, Artemis... Just read your changed entry, and indeed it's much better now:)  A few sentences are not ideal (like "The only real control over the Void is by Fae Magic."), but in general it's pretty fine. However, I'm still not too sure about the exact appearances of all those types, e.g. if they have wings, are fragile, stocky, have pointed ears or not and so on. You always should take into account that the reader possibly has never heard of what the fae are, and reading this part concerning their origin alone doesn't always convince him that the sprites can't be a dwarf-like creature with beards etc.

But I assume you are now going to apply the typical races scheme on the entry and elaborate bit by bit in different sections more detailed Appearances, Territory, Housing, Clothing etc. (always remember that all we know about these creatures is from tales and myths etc.!)

Oh, and another thing: You say there are 12 Gods. Hmm... Don't know if this is the best number, as the Santharian Gods are also 12, so if there'd be differences here this wouldn't lead to confusion, I guess.

Artemis
Santh. Member

View Profile
:D
« Reply #24 on: 09 December 2002, 01:59:00 »

Thanks for that.

I don't know exactly why I wrote that there are twelve Gods... there's actually only ten.

I'm a complete and utter fool! Doh!

*Slaps forehead Homer-styleeeee*

Also - the races are going to be fully described in different posts (i.e. I have the Pixies up, which only needs to be changed to be more mythical like)... this is just an overview to let you know what they are.

I've changed a few sentences that are too *definate.*

Hopefully it's now OK!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]