Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: The Hjoria...  (Read 6543 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #15 on: 16 January 2003, 14:52:00 »

Read most parts of the entry now, Artemis, and it looks indeed very interesting. I guess giving the Fae a more "realistic" relation to the rest of the world, make them part of history and belief etc. is an interesting approach.

Some things of course aren't elaborated yet (e.g. don't know what exactly an Inja is), so I'm sure you'll still have a lot of work to do if you want to flesh out Aeruillin a bit more.

BTW: Does Hijoria mean anything special in their own language?

Also think Judith mentioned some good points, which can make the territory, flora and fauna more interesting. It never hurts to have something special, out of the ordinary, for your tribe/region:)  I'm sure such things would fit very well to your Hijoria.

History: Well, it's not necessary to give it top priority now. It can also be omitted when the entry goes up, and integrated when you (or someone else) develops a plan on how people settled on the continent and who move where, when and why.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artemis
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
:D
« Reply #16 on: 21 January 2003, 10:39:00 »

OK...

I'm going to change the housing to have the bone thing...

Also, I've had a flash of brilliance (highly unusual for moi) concerning the Azhoirhria (SP???) and the Hjoria... if Ican get Dala's permission to tinker ever-so-slightly with her tribe then they'll be linking quite nicely...

I say no more... ;) ...

Yeah - like you say Arti I've got things mentioned in here (i.e. the Inja) which don't have an entry yet... Also, I sat down yesterday and made quite a few notes on what the towns and tribes around Aeruillin were going to be... *PHEW* is going to be YEARS until I've got it all sorted... lets hope one day someone comes along and decides they have a *thing* for Aeruillin too!!!

:D  :D  :D  

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #17 on: 21 January 2003, 16:22:00 »

Well, the bone thing is NOT new, the Shendar use the bones of the Giant Rock Snake to build their circular domes, so maybe another solution would be better.I wouldn't make their homes necesarily a dome either, dome is always circular, isn't it? There are a lot of variations, most nomadic tents are not circular, but rectangular, either with a flat roof, or a pointed roof. I think it would be a bit boring, if two major nomadic tribes have both round tents. I don't know just now, how Aneas Sory'int are living, maybe you have a look there as well.

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 1/20/03 10:27:20 pm

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #18 on: 29 January 2003, 17:49:00 »

Hey, Artemis... Can you try to give the entry more or less finishing touches? I'll see if I can put it up then soon:D  

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artemis
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 January 2003, 08:31:00 »

OK. I've changed the housing section slightly, so they now have rectangular tents.

:D .

Since no-one else wants to write a poem, I guess the one I did will have to do, but it is pretty pathetic.

OK then. All finished!

To Have Flown With The Phoenix, Is To Have Lived Your Dreams...

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #20 on: 02 February 2003, 14:29:00 »

Guess you haven't answered this question yet, Artemis: Does "Hjoria" mean anything special in their own language? Often the way people name themselves tell a lot about the people already (like Desert-Men or Sea-Travellers or something in this direction). Any idea here?

Also you say conerning the Gods: "Nakashi and Mermaria are popular choices, whilst, for obvious reasons, Kashmina is favoured amongst young women." You should always remember that not everybody knows about these Gods and thus not about the obious reasons, you know. So it is always good to mention that so that everybody knows. Can you specifiy which Goddess Kashmina is?

Oh, and BTW: How about filling out this Membership Forum finally? Guess it's about time to become official member, Artemis - eh?

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 2/1/03 8:53:26 pm

Artemis
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06 February 2003, 05:04:00 »

The Gods are currently being elaborated on in Mythology... along with the Aeruillian myth of creation.

The name - I never actually thought for it to be anything specific, I just derived it from the fact that the city was Hjoreh, so I though Hjoria would be a good name for the tribe. I could make something up if necessary...

To Have Flown With The Phoenix, Is To Have Lived Your Dreams...

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #22 on: 07 February 2003, 15:50:00 »

Well, it's not really necessary to have a direct meaning, but Hjoreh could also mean something. It's often much easier to know e.g. that these people represent the "Desert Walkers"-tribe for example. With one word a lot of history is then covered, you know, and you get lots of associations already with this short explanation.

Amuwen

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08 February 2003, 19:32:00 »

Quote:
What is always seen however, is the mark that distinguishes a male from a female, dyed onto the clothes, generally using the blood of an Inja, which is a deep red colour.

The people do tend to have one special garment though, one which has taken much time to prepare, in order to wear at the holy days throughout the year, and at the Festival of Finding.

Just a few questions: What does the mark look like? Is there one for females and one for males or is it just one mark that a certain sex wears?
Also What is the special garment? What does this look like? How do they prepare this garment?

Very detailed entry, I think it'll help give me ideas for my own entry.:)  

Amuwen
May your heart float softly upon the breeze and the wind guide you on your path.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]