Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ifer'hem (done da-done-done)  (Read 1790 times)
Viresse
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 07 January 2003, 15:37:00 »

Overview:
The fore-runners of the Co'orhem; These elves were originally a part of the RoyalElves, but their turn to fire made them a different tribe alltogether. The original faction that tore the Galderioth Woods apart, the Ifer'hem are now only a Cult among the Co'orhem.

Appearance:
The Ifer'hem, originally an offshoot of the Royal Elves, were immaculate and beautiful to behold; eyes clear and bright;  of emerald and stormy greys, and hair colors ranging to a flaxen gold to a rich ebony.Their bodies were thin and had soft, supple skin; the color of honeymilk. They had delicate features; high cheekbones, thin, expressive lips and nimble hands.
As they turned to the worship of the Element of Fire, their appearance began to change. Their hair took a more bold direction; flat blacks and platinum blondes, with colors of red orange and yellow laid throughout their tresses, if they had hair at all. The eyes of the Ifer'hem evolved to darker, more extreme colors. The greens becmae blacks, the greys now ranged from a milky yellow to blazing red. Their skin too lost its richness; a pallid white began to emerge from their honeymilk complexions. Their bodies became emaciated, their skin drawn and tight over their delicate bones.

Coat of Arms:
The Ifer'hem were proud of their past and looked forward to their future. They symbolized this with their Coat of Arms.
Taking the basic shape of the RoyalElves coat of arms; a tri-pointed inverted tear, the Ifer'hem reversed the direction; making it more resemble a swath of fire. The shield has a steel border, with a field of orange, a black fist held a torch of red and yellow flame.

Territory:
In ancient times, the Ifer'hem resided in the large Elven city in Nybelmar (dunna remember what it's called Koldie...). But  the obsessive nature of these elves and their Fire caused for great fear. Some elves called for an end to the sect, while others did not know they existed. The Ifer'hem caused the City to split apart, due to a massive fire. The Ifer'hem took over most of the Western side of the Galderioth, setting up a major city of their own around the EmberTree. The Ifer'hem lived for some time here; until the EmberTree fell and killed 3/4 of the tribe. After the Fall of the Ember tree, the Ifer'hem dominace ended, and the Co'orhem came into power.
Now the Ifer'hem live among the Co'orhem in the Crystalwoods of Nybelmar.

People:
Ancient history dictates these elves as the driving force that split the Galderioth. They began as a small number (roughly 250) of slightly off-kilter fire-worshipping elves. But their appearance began to change dramatically and they became a different tribe from the royal-elves alltogether. At their peak ( during the EmberTree era) they numbered as many as 10,000. Now their numbers have dwindled to under 600, and reside with the Co'orhem.
The Ifer'hem are very political, much like their ascendant tribe. However, these elves hand no true right to power, only power over other elves. This turned their plans of power from political to murderous in attemps to overtake rule. Their ability to use fire magics made them even more dangerous. The Ifer'hem are Master swordsmen, but they are used rarely; they are the sneaky and snake-like members of the Co'orhem tribe. They prefer assassination over cold-blooded murder.
Ifer'hem live longer than their Co'orhem brethren, well over 400 years.

Housing:
The ancient Ifer'hem surrounded the EmberTree, living in the ancient buildings now occupied by the Co'orhem. These buildings are now vacant, apparently the area is heavily disliked by the Co'orhem. The exterior claim amazing craftsmanship, but hwere this skill came from is unknown. The interior of these homes was nothing special; they meant to comfort those that lived there; they did not recieve guests. Decoration was moderate, some items around that were kept to remind the Elves of the Fire they Worshipped. In the area of the EmberTree, the Co'orhem establishments are present in vast amounts. They seem to have been created by the Ifer'hem. But ask an Ifer'hem of it and they know nothing.

Clothing:
Clothing was simple. All Ifer'hem wore black cassocks of vayring cuts and lengths. Over these they wore garments such as cloaks, vests and shirts and jerkins in varying warm hues. Upon these bright garments anything could be drawn or written; they can be simple or complex in cut and shape, so long as there was something there. The clothes they wore represented their faith as well as their history. Now that they live among the Co'orhem, their garments are still the same, though coupled with things such as gauntlets and leather armor to protect themselves from their Co'orhem brethren.

Diet:
Ifer'hem were omnivorous, but the tending of the EmberTree left little time for cultivation. Those that did cultivate tended to grow things that took little effort, such as most natural plants and tubers. They caught animals in intricate traps and cooked them at the Ember tree; sharing the flesh with everyone. One can quickly spot an Ifer'hem among the Co'orhem as of recent times; the Ifer'hem char their meat over fires while the Co'orhem eat their quarry raw, and the Ifer'hem feed their own offspring.

Weapons: The Ifer'hem rarely had need for weapons, they were disliked and feared. If the time arose and the needed weapons, their favorite weapons were coupled with flame; flaming arrows and torches, sometimes a sword heated to blistering-high temperatures. Their knowledge of Magic was also a powerful weapon.

Occupations:
Most work was spent keeping the EmberTree burning. The EmberTree was the largest tree in the Forest at that time; it glowed a fiery red and cracked the dark bark as the inside of the tree was hollow and a fire burned in its base. Magic was used to halt the burning of the wood. In essence, the EmberTree was just a glowing shell for the fire that constantly burned. The magic contained the fire, while many of the residents kept the fire burning through placing burnable items in the fire. Animal and enemy corpses were not uncommon in keeping the fire burning; as well as wood, leaves and items from enemy encampments.
Some spent their time harvesting food, and others were exclusively hunters, but these were good at what they did and few were actually needed.

Government:
There isn't much of a government to speak of with these elves. The strongest ( it can be in strength or Magic) told the others what to do. And if the others didn't like it, they would stop him from giving commands. Then another would take the top spot and become the strongest. That was the cycle.
Despite the strongest warrior taking control, females were alltogether respected. Referred to as Mother (if she had children) or Sister, the females did little work save giving birth and telling the Men what to do. Behind every man was a woman telling when to strike and why to do it. The only time a woman is disrespected is when the man that stands for her falters. Most males relinquish their females when they lose, or their children. Be aware however; the women are as adept at fighting than men are.

Production/Trade:
The Iferhem did not trade. It wasn't that the comcept was foreign; they often bartered among one another. The Ifer'hem disliked other tribes immensely and irrationally disliked those they did not know. Any belongings they recieved were from the overtaking of encampments and bartering with one another.

Natural Resources:
The Ifer'hem had very little natural resources, Other than the food they grew. Only what the gathered through the attack of other tribes. Now among the Co'orhem, they harvest quite a bit more and hunt less.

Festivals:
EmberTree Revival
Every 150 years, in the month of efér'ypheró and the 16th day, the Ifer'hem gather in the clearing on the far-west side of the Crystalwoods. The clearing is where the EmberTree fell, on that exact same day. The Ifer'hem spend a week in the clearing, spinning tales of days lost. Stories are told that the souls of those that died that night are released for one day by Co'or to enforce the ties that make the Ifer'him so vile.

*this should be done now.*

History:

*pokey de Viresse at viresse@santharia.com* - character descriptions moderator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Edited by: Viresse  at: 2/9/03 7:59:57 pm
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 08 January 2003, 03:08:00 »

Errr.... I'll look into it VIr, but have to catch up with history first... currently not sure about the appearance part but who knows. Give me some time...:  

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--Santharian Master of Disaster--
One day I'll be the greatest of all Jedi!!

Viresse
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 January 2003, 03:10:00 »

Anything in particular you dislike?

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 January 2003, 11:47:00 »

No, no, I jsut don't know, yet jow history works out. The Kaírhím aka the Royal Elves were planned as a very high civilization who also created some vast garden cities so I assumed that in the civil war all elves of the Emerald Woods were at a similar level.
Thus I don't know if it would work from a social point (when the Firelves were first Royalelves that fell towards Coór they look, think and dress like Royal Elves), just have to get my ideas together and sadly exams aree rising at the horizon and the deadline for my projects is nearing so I don't know if I can get it together soon.

I'll see if I can find some time reading it more thoroughly, I just need to get my own ideas ordered till I can tell anything soon. :)  

Viresse
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 January 2003, 15:48:00 »

Ohh, okay!
I can change that then.... *snags away the appearance for another tribe of Dark Elves, though the chances of that are getting FRIGHTENINGLY slim*

Viresse
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 January 2003, 02:02:00 »

*notes that Other than History these are done...*

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 February 2003, 19:03:00 »

I'll see that I read it over the next days. Looks good, maybe I get some ideas for details...

Greybark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 February 2003, 09:25:00 »

I like the reasons for the appearance changes.  

Brownie Expert

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]