Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Ban-Yuk Ogres (Finished and Ready)  (Read 10610 times)
Viresse
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 10 February 2003, 13:59:00 »

*clicks tongue*
Well then Koldar.
I guess you're never allowed to leave again, huh?
Look what happens when you're gone!

*taps Erutan*
You may want to refine these points that concern Koldar. It seems like this will go up this week, but you can add this stuff so that the TRUE piece ( per Koldie's instruction) will be up as soon as possible.

*turns to Koldie*
You'll want to look at the Co'orhem entry on the site. After seeign what you had written for the accompanying pic at your Elfwood gallery I re-created the whole housing aspect.
The Iferhem were remade as well, but they have not yet been integrated.

*pokey de Viresse at viresse@santharia.com* - character descriptions moderator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Erutan Argon
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10 February 2003, 21:48:00 »

:
Sorry for all the trouble.
I guess I should of done just a bit more reasearch for this entry.
I will try to chance them but the initial post will be tomorrow
:(
Thanks for pointing them out though Koldar.
;)  

Erutan Argon
~~Join a Fantasy in the making~~
~~Runescape~~ the game that never sleeps~~

Santharia's Official "Giant Race" Expert

Koldar

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 11 February 2003, 05:45:00 »

I see your point, Vir and I don't like the conclusions I have to draw... ;)

No worries, Erutan, the entry in general is fine. It's mainly the thing that Santharia would decide over the fate of ogres which worries me. If Santharia would really do that I doubt these creatures would stand a chance...

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #48 on: 17 February 2003, 03:42:00 »

So... are there any further changes being made here, Erutan?

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 17 February 2003, 18:04:00 »

Well, the only really disturbing point (beside bashing my poor Goblins but that is not really important) I mentioned was here:

These great Ogres actually originated from the Baal Ogres in Rimmerins Ring. In 22 b.S., when the Santharian Kingdom was founded, the Kingdom strictly stressed civil tribes over uncivil. Ogres were definitely uncivil. Though with an established communication system, Ogres did not have much more. Many years passed and Rimmerins Ring had allowed the Baal Ogres to stay. After seeing how uncivil they were, in the year 98 a.S, the Ogres were given a choice to either become civil or move farther up north. The people in Rimmerins Ring were slowly pushing them away for uncivil acts, thus the Baal Ogre tribe was split into two groups. The Baal Ogres who stayed in Rimmerins Ring began to act somewhat civil, in that they dressed more often, and began to trade with inlanders of Rimmerin's Ring. The other group of approximately 300 Ogres began a journey up far north, to a new home. Many did not welcome there presence, and many fights pursued along the journey as a result. This timeline of events will show events from there horrendous journey, there
journey to a home in witch they didn't know existed

It makes the contact with Ogres sound like some kind of treaty with the Ogres to either join Santharia or leave. The truth is that the Ogres in those territories live in the deep wilderness and can be only found by hunters anyway. So the only times when there would real trouble arise is when in a harsh winter the ogres leave their territory.
I didn't intend them to become civil but be this occasional threat one adventurer has to reckon with when stumbling through the underbush. I figured in a medieval setting there's still enough wilderness for them to live unopposed.
But this a more important matter when doing the Baal ogres to which this paragraph refers to. Hope I don't set Erutan off with this, but I didn't rewrote the Ogre entry to be more primitive to have all tribes then mentioned to be civilized, social and talkative(prosaic exaggeration!). :)

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--Santharian Master of Disaster--
One day I'll be the greatest of all Jedi!!

Viresse
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 17 February 2003, 22:16:00 »

Okay, so Etruan, you'll see to this?

*pokey de Viresse at viresse@santharia.com* - Adventures of Sorren Administrator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Erutan Argon
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 18 February 2003, 02:37:00 »

Ok I'll work on it to where it fits those requirments. :D  

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #52 on: 18 February 2003, 02:37:00 »

Just a note: At the final edit on the entry I did myself I changed various passages somewhat, so what Koldar quoted is not the final edit, as these parts were really much to simple. I've already stated that at my post above.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 18 February 2003, 05:31:00 »

Okay, Art, didn't know that. Have enough trouble catching up with everything. The way it is up in the entry is fine, i guess. :D  

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--Santharian Master of Disaster--
One day I'll be the greatest of all Jedi!!

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 2/17/03 11:37:48 am
Erutan Argon
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 23 February 2003, 00:57:00 »

These great Ogres actually originated from the Baal Ogres in Rimmerins Ring. In 22 b.S., when the Santharian Kingdom was founded, the Kingdom strictly stressed civil tribes over uncivil. Ogres were definitely uncivil. Though with an established communication system, Ogres did not have much more. Many years passed and Rimmerins Ring had allowed the Baal Ogres to stay deep within the wilderness. After seeing how uncivil they were, in the year 98 a.S, the Ogres were making a choice themselves to either move away, or be threatened and hunted. The people in Rimmerins Ring were slowly pushing them away for uncivil acts, thus the Baal Ogre tribe was split into two groups. The ones who chose to stay within the wilderness became such a small group, that uncivil acts were no longer a threat to the people of Rimmerins Ring. The other group of approximately 300 Ogres began a journey up far north, to a new home. Many did not welcome there presence, and many fights pursued along the journey as a result. This timeline of events will show events from there horrendous journey, there
journey to a home in witch they didn't know existed

Erutan Argon
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 23 February 2003, 00:59:00 »

Now th Baal Ogres becae less of a threat that they split up instead of becomin civil. :D  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]