Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hobbits of Elenveran(Incomplete)  (Read 2066 times)
Atrii Redwood

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 20 August 2003, 17:16:00 »

Just thought I would post this to see what you all thought of it as I worked on it. I will add what I update as I go along.

Hobbits of Elenveran

The Hobbit shire of Elenveran is a large community just south of New-Santhala in the Elverground. The name Elenveran comes from a variation of the word Elverground. This prosporous is home to both human and elven settlements giving the hobbits plenty of protection and outlets for trade and other such uses.

The Hobbits of Elenveran, however are best known for their farming that outdoes even some of the human farmers despite the physical advantages that the human farmers have over the small halflings.

Appearance
-The Elenveran hobbits are more like the average hobbit you see around. The height is often at one ped or just over. They are however a skinnier tribe of hobbits due to how active they are, working in the fields surrounding them within the Elverground. They weigh at an average of 2 and a half hebs or a little more. This weight is almost pure muscle making them good, strong fighters (but Hobbit standards) if the need for an army ever was needed.

The hair of the Elenveran halflings is often a lighter colour, ranging through all shades of blonde. A Hobbit with light brown hair is very rare around this particular shire. Other than this these hobbits are generally the same as all others. They have hair on their with thick leathery soles giving them no use for shoes or other foot-wear.

The males are often larger in the belly and have dark hair with more hair on their feet. The females are often taller with long light hair and very little hair on their slender delicate feet.

Coat of Arms
-The coat-of-arms for the Elenveran hobbits is a circle with a plain under a bright blue sky. Hovering above the plains in the blue sky is an odd-shape that never has an actual end. It continues around forming three large loops on the shape. Each hoop represents each race that resides within the Elverground. The hoops connect very naturally representing how well the three races operate together as one without confrontation.

Territory/Housing
-The hobbits of the Elenveran shire dwell within the Elverground which lies south of New-Santhala. Their homes are not as elaborate or luxurious as those of the Helmondsshire hobbits but still quite over-sized for those of such a small size.

The homes contain various rooms each being furnished beautifully with cushiony seats littering every room giving everyone, no matter how many travel into the hobbits home, has a place to sit. The main part of the home dwells above ground with a small cellar dug into the ground used for storing foods and wines.

The home itself is constructed of mainly wood. However portions of the house, or even the whole house if the hobbits is wealthy, is made of stone giving it a firm structure.

The homes in general are lined up neatly, each hobbit seems to own his own square of land located directly behind the families home. Most of the residence within the shire use their land for farming which is a quite popular industry in the Elverground. Some others choose other roads of trade including blacksmiths, inns and carpenters.

People
-Like most hobbits the halflings of Elenveran rarely travel outside of their shire unless they are a merchant travelling to the nearby human or elven towns to trade. They do however welcome visitors into their shire. The inns that are built are often made to accomadate human sized beings. They have the ground floor used for humans then the upper floors have much lower roofs and house hobbits that seek a room.

They, of course, enjoying almost daily gatherings and parties that begin near dinner and end just past mid-night. The hobbits then return to their homes and sleep a long sleep before waking up in the morning to start their daily work again before another party commences the following evening.

These hobbits seem to have a gift with music. Many choose the path of a bard within this shire. These hobbits then usually leave the shire as most bards do leave their homeland. It all started when a travelling human bard stopped by, the hobbits enjoyed music and many hobbits now pursue this occupation for their. However some residence frown upon those who choose this path. They believe that hobbits should stay within their shire where it is safe.

Clothing
-These hobbits, like all hobbits where very elaborate clothing. This does not apply during their daily work though. They usually change after work and into their luxurious suits for the daily parties.

Work clothes for males often consist with a light white shirt with buttons along the centre. The pants are brown and stop just after the knee exposing the ankle and a small portion of the hobbits shin. The pants often have leather-made straps that are fastened to it and they hang over the hobbits shoulder keeping them tightly in place.

The females where similar clothing. For work they have white skirts that like the pants of the males stop just after the knee exposing some of the shin and ankle. The skirt often has designs sewn in with green thread. They are often just circles and meaningless decorations to make the skirts look more luxurious than simply white.

For the parties or other special occasion the males where suits. The pants are roughly the same though they are made with more care and intended for social events. The tops consist of a yellow shirt with a green-yellow vest and collar.
The females clothing is almost the same as theirs for work. It is a skirt, usually white, however the designs upon them are more elbaborate. The skirts are often longer and made of a softer material.

Diet
-

Weapons
-

Family/Society/Culture
-

Occupations
-

Trade/Production
-

Festivals
-

History
-

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2003, 21:28:00 »

So much for my claim on the remaining hobbit tribes.. :rolleyes  No one ever reads when I state such things.

If you take the Dogodan shire hobbits, I shall indeed be very angry with you! You have already taken one tribe I have claimed, and you best not take the last!!

And now my plan for how the Hobbit tribes are different based upon their location is all mish-mosh, and surely nothing will make sense! ::cries::

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Atrii Redwood

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2003, 05:47:00 »

I'm sorry... but I had already planned on writing all three of the tribes. You can take this one then as this is all the information that I had put together.

Sorry Rayne...

Instead I know... I can write for the hobbit tribes of Denilou. Yeah, I'll do that:)

Sorry again Rayne.

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2003, 09:32:00 »

Erm.. I may also have to re-write the Holmondsshire hobbits. Based on their history and everything, they're not quite portrayed as they should be..

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Wren
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 9

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2003, 14:33:00 »

:eek  There are a number of bits in this that already contradict what I have mentioned elsewhere about these little people. They live in very close proximity to my elves and if every little detail isn't spot on I'll get grumpy!

I don't have time to go through each and every line to check you've bothered to cross refence. Please read:

Elving
Elverground
Sunflowers

And please read the whole thing! I know they're heavy, but if this entry isn't consistent with these existing ones I will:

1. Be very cross!

2.Not be the one editing cos they're all very long entries that I have absloutly no intention of changing for anyone.

I'll pull Legos' previous attepmt to the top of the forum for you to see and borrow from.....

Anodd yw dwyn dyn oddiar ei dylwyth

Edited by: Wren at: 8/20/03 22:37
Atrii Redwood

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 August 2003, 05:56:00 »

ok, rayne do what you want.

Wren
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 August 2003, 15:53:00 »

Oh come on Atrii. You know I'm a moody cow!

I'm simply pointing out that you need to read around. Just cos a entry doesn't have the word Hobbit in it, doesn't mean its not critical reading....

I'm sorry if I upset you.

Atrii Redwood

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 August 2003, 18:10:00 »

I'm sorry Wren, you didn't upset me... just I'm a bit moody myself lately... well more moody than usual :p

I will try and get around to reading through more of the site

Wren
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 August 2003, 10:51:00 »

Just read the three entries above. They'll give you a little background as to what the should be like. And steal from Legolas' ideas.....

Why can't the pair of you work together on it?

It'd get done in the half the time that way. You both get your names at the bottom and hey - two heads are better than one. Divide the sections up between you then put them together and see how they read. The you can make any adjustments you need together?

Just a thought.....

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 29 August 2003, 12:38:00 »

Ah well, Legolas has disappeared already quite a while ago, working with Uragel, just like Atrii is as well. So I assume we won't hear much from him. I don't mind, however, if people have other priorities - everybody his/her own world building project! Just decide what's yours;)  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]