Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Aestera Kreankra Lillivear - completed  (Read 8493 times)
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 19 July 2004, 09:44:00 »

Now! yay!

@smith: I won't include the government and the holidays for this edition.

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Smith in Exile
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 4

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 July 2004, 16:34:00 »

Then you should write a small mention of how were they included in a later bigger empire... Perhaps adding a small fragment telling their history in large lines (so that the reader could somehow place them somewhere), might be a good idea.

Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 July 2004, 02:36:00 »

I think i am done now. How does this look?

Talia, perhaps we could enter a seperate clothing section in a future edition, with the rest of the history. Is that okay with you?

Smith in Exile
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 July 2004, 09:01:00 »

In the history section, you must add a phrase that could sum up that certain event, by this form:

[date] : [insert explanatory phrase] [insert further details about the event if needed]

Also about the govt, even if you plan to detail in another entry you should still write a few words about how they are (or were) governing themselves.

Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 July 2004, 09:11:00 »

Which event are you talking about? I think I already used that format.

For the government, I don't know how the system exactly works yet. And many of the tribe entries on the site have lots of sections missing, can't I just work on it at a later time? I've been thinking about it for quite some time now, but can't find what I want.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #20 on: 23 July 2004, 10:02:00 »

As to Smith's pointer: I see you added the month name and the exact date sometimes in the history section. As it won't be placed that way in the final history table you should omit that. Mentioning exact dates can still happen in the detailed event description.

Concerning completing all section: Yup, this you should do, only completed entries (History is usually optional) go up on the site. Tribe entries which have something missing are entries which are very old already and need revisions. New entries should be pretty much complete.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 July 2004, 03:51:00 »

I'm sorry if it sounded rude again, I was just confused :)

I think I have completed my tasks now. Hope I was able to follow the format and keep up to your standards.  

Smith in Exile
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 July 2004, 20:05:00 »

np coren :)

now, that wasn't that hard was it ;)

I'd say is "nybelmarian ok" now. I hope everyone agrees.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #23 on: 25 July 2004, 01:06:00 »

Ok, then I'll finally add the integration arrow:D  

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #24 on: 27 July 2004, 04:12:00 »

Quote:
only due to their yearning for comfort but also to be able to withstand the hot and humid climate of their forests. The use of leaves, twigs and all sorts of flora as clothing or decoration materials is a common practice.

Coren, I didn't mean, that they actually used the leaves themselves - they are not any wild tribe in the jungle!

I'm not very content with what I have now, I would like to describe the actual design better, but somehow I can't find the right words to describe the pictures I have in my head. But let's go ahead.

Nature served as the primary muse for most Lillivear designs.
They had mainly a long, wide cut flowing garment, which didn‘t touch the skin more than necessary. Even an occasional skirt sat loose. How the clothes were tailored, depends on which material was used.

There were three main sources. The most cherished cloth, the spilk was the softest and sleekest, a fabric made out of the cobweb of a spider living in their forests. How it was processed,which spider it was,  is lost in the mist of the past. A sturdier material were the leaves of the giant aspidi, a fern like plant of the jungle. They were soaked and combed and then the inner lying fibres wove into different forms and intricate patterns.The strongest brin provided the li‘ana plant, which was used to give the clothes the desired form.

Out of these three materials the xxx made clothes of an intriguing beauty. In general their clothes resembled a plant. So it could look as if it was made entirely out of fern leaves, but most often they tried to make their clothes look like one of the lovely flowers of the jungle. How flowing  and glossy a gown was, made mostly out of spilk, or if it was more robust and made out of aspidi mainly, depended partly on the gender, but mostly on the task a xxx had to accomplish on this very day - if he or she went to a party or was sampling cobweb in the jungle.

However, regardless if it was the relatively coarse tunic of a jungle worker  or the dress of an upper lady - every single piece showed the mastership and elegance of this tribe. there was never anything which didn't fit or look in any way imperfect.

I still doubt however, that this much is known of a tribe so ancient. I really would like it to be contemporan.

I just realised, that you wrote your whole entry in presence,while I changed ot to the past. I thought this tribe doesn#t exist any longer as a tribe, you describe it in the overview as 6000 years old and more! Please just change it to fit to the rest.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 7/26/04 12:18

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 27 July 2004, 04:30:00 »

:number1

:hug :hug :hug

Talia this was just what I would have envisioned! I love the idea of the two new plants and the spider silk!

:: gives the "krant creativity award" to Talia ::

EDIT:

8o  It's funny you know, I missed the giant purple letters the first time I read your post... Thought it was your signature or something :broadgrin

Okay, I don't know how to integrate this into the tribe entry but I'll try to explain what I had in mind:

First we have the two tribes, each with their own capital and more or less a kingdom, wandering in the forest. (...-5491b.S) Then they join forces to form the Twin Kingdom. (5491-4697b.S) Later in the 4600s the Twin Kingdom still exists, but under the influence of the Earth League, which would later become the Krath Empire. With the Entrustment in 4586b.S the "Twin Kingdom" as a kingdom slowly starts to diminish in power. The Earth Council takes over etc.

I'm not really sure when this happened but once "Krath" in the sense we know was formed, the Twin Kingdom no longer existed - neither did most of their splendid cities. But the two tribes, up to this day, did.

I'm currently trying to write a whole serie of kings and queens to clarify what in deed happened during these ages of turmoil. The first one is Lílýáshn Áérálvr

Once again, thank you very much for helping! I'm looking forward for the rest ;)

Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27 July 2004, 04:34:00 »

Umm... one question: What are these xxx s?

Edit:
Quote:
The strongest brin provided the li‘ana plant, which was used to give the clothes the desired form.

I don't quite get this sentence. What is a brin? Is it provided by the li'ana plant, or does it provide the plant?

Edit 2: Just a second thought: Would the Aesterans dress slightly different from the Lillivear? Maybe more blues and silvers and more "waterlike"?

Also, you can check Lilyashan's dress to get some inspiration for party outfits ;)  

Edited by: Coren FrozenZephyr at: 7/26/04 12:44

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #27 on: 27 July 2004, 09:25:00 »

brin is another word for fiber, at least my dic says so. The fiber of the liane is used to form a special look.
Of course the two tribes can vary with what they wear, possible they try to imitated different plants, use different clours, blues and greens, as you wish.

If you want to change something to fit to your queen entry, please do it!

And the xxx is where the name of your tribe should be inserted! I just couldn't recall it while writing.  

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #28 on: 01 August 2004, 12:11:00 »

Question, Coren: Do you really think outside people would refer to these people as "Aestera Kreankra Lillivear"? Quote from Talia:

"And the xxx is where the name of your tribe should be inserted! I just couldn't recall it while writing."

No wonder... I can't either, even after having prepared most of the entry already. 3 words as a "tribe name" is simply completely unpractical, and people would reduce the words into one I assume if they want to refer to them, even if they are composed of two kinds of people, like "Aestlivar" or something. I would strongly consider that, as this complicated form probably would never be used in real life. The long version could still be explained in the Overview, but I can't really fathom a "natural" usage of this complicated construction.

Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02 August 2004, 02:54:00 »

:o  Sorry, I had been thinking abou the same issue too..

Hmm... Let's see...

I think most people would just call them "the Two Tribes" in Nybelmar (at least the people that are familiar with the Empire of Krath). I've already used this title in some of my other entries.

Perhaps "Krean" would be another possibility. I think - i couldn't sort out all the grammar rules yet, so I may be wrong on the long term - it would mean "the United".

And usually, they just refer to one of the two tribes in RL. Especially when discussing business and politics - since the two are so different from each other: any topic about herbs is likely going to be tied with the Lillivear while rivers, water or architecture is related with the Aesterans.

But thanks for mentioning that. I almost forgot

Artimidor :number1  

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]