Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Baveras the Goddess of the Sea  (Read 2066 times)
Mutares

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 01 August 2002, 16:38:00 »

I see there isn't anything written of the Goddess of the Sea, Baveras. I have a good story in mind. And picture. Do you want me to write of her?

Xarl
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2002, 21:25:00 »

There was plenty, but we're in the middle of redoing the gods. As such... umm.... yeah.

Xarl Bluestride, Archmage of the White Tower, Master of the Magic Forum, Teacher of RP Sorcery and generally cool guy. All requests are to be written on the back of a ten-dollar bill (or equivelant thereof) placed on a dead ferret, and tossed in the sewer system.
Xarl Bluestride
Owner of the longest pure text sig in Santharia
Eeeenteresting....
For the non-ferreted... - Master of All Things Magical
The Santharian Dream - Where fantasy dreams come true... particularly mine!

Viresse
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2002, 01:04:00 »

Actually, we have a Picture of Baveras; and Talia and I are supposed to write her thing up. It's just...well, Talia's always up to something and... to be honest, I'm scared I'm going to Screw up.

http://www.klintorth.com/images/misc/vir.gif">
*pokey de Viresse* - character descriptions moderator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Viresse
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 August 2002, 01:05:00 »

oh wait. You mean stories.
I meant cosmology.
erk.

Mutares

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 August 2002, 06:47:00 »

Yes, yes! So yes? The story is free? *hopeful puppy glance* (I saw cosmology is not finished yet, so you are working on it?)
So yes. I would definitely take the job if it's not taken. Anyone knows if it is? Just don't want to write it all without knowing there's a point. (lazy! lazy!) Just a waste of time. But I promise! I've worked it out in my head. ???

SmurfStormcrow

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 August 2002, 16:35:00 »

Small thing under Swords of Fury in Misc section. It  has a myth of her pet, the Silffin.

Umm, though something has to be changed. In there. Here it is:

Quote:

""In the midst of the battle, when the ships were scattered over the ocean by the storm and chaotic duels emerged without any tactic or strategy left due to the weather, a battlemage named 'Relior the Pale', supposedly a descendant of Tris herself, stormed the 'Silverswan', the elven flagship. During the fight elven ships nearby went to assist their leader and Relior's ship was forced to pull back.
When all sailors retreated to get back on their ship, Relior kept fighting on the flagship covering the retreat and set the ship on fire with his devastating blade. Finally an elven archer hit through his magical defenses and wounded him deadly. But in the moment he died massive lightnings struck his blade, drawn to it by its elementar powers and the elven flagship was torn into pieces and sunk in seconds.

Since then the iron pikes on the human ships that should prevent that lightnings hit the sails and set them on fire are called 'Reliors' or 'Relior's pike'. The famous Fury Sword of Lightning however, was lost at sea.

An interesting fairytale often told by experienced sailors recounts that the Goddess of Water herself, Baveras, found the blade and gave it to Silffin his favourite beast (a sword whale) who just lost his long horn and so replaced his loss.

Unexplained lightnings at the horizon reported from ships on the Dark Sea and other light phenomenons in this region are often explained this way.

The Wise and the Mages, of course, fear that the blade is lost till the end of all times on the ground of the sea, one of Tris' most magnificent works ever."

-- Koldar Mondrakken: "The Santharian Artifacts. An Overview" (p. 376 f.)"

Only the end part has anything to do with Baveras, but it should have been edited better. It refers to Baveras as both "he" and "she," which can't both be right, I hope. But that's all I know about her.

Stormcrow

Psychotic Wizard-Type

Viresse
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 August 2002, 01:41:00 »

I have a great idea forming for the Lady, but I've clicked the "New Post" button at least 5 times within the past 3 months and balk at posting becuase my ideas are going to be blotchy and not at all my best work.

Should I post them anyway, and let people help me refine them?

SmurfStormcrow

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 August 2002, 12:24:00 »

Nobody will hold it against you if your first draft of something is not your entries at their best! People want to help you fix them, and other people helping and commenting from the very start may take your works in different directions than at first, or make them more in-depth. While a different direction isn't always good, you are the master of your creations, and can decide whether one of these pathways is the right one. So go right ahead and post like crazy!

Stormcrow

Psychotic Wizard-Type

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 05 August 2002, 06:18:00 »

Yup, if you aren't sure if the story would fit etc., just post an outline first what you plan and people will comment on if it is workable or not, where the problems are etc. If it is agreed, then you can elaborate it in more detail:)  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Viresse
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 August 2002, 23:28:00 »

great, thanks. I'll try and do that t'morrow.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]