Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Official Santharian Meeting Landshut/Germany 2005  (Read 13802 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 22 July 2004, 13:00:00 »

Okeydokey, guys and gals...

It is about time to get into a more concrete planning phase of the Santharian meeting we have already discussed a bit a while ago. So this thread here should serve to accumulate some information you might require to know where, how, when, etc. the meeting will take place.

I'm summarizing in short what rough plan we have yet - I'm just repeating what was already discussed a while ago, just to make sure everyone visiting the Santharian Forum knows what we're talking about. More details will come later, but I'm just giving the discussion it's place for now so that you already can start saving for the trip, plan your vacations for next year and choose your means of transport to get to the location.

Note that the tickets for the Medieval Festival  taking place in Landshut will have to be acquired by myself until November 2004. So until then it should be ensured who will definitely come to the meeting.

Ok, so here are some basic details for now:

Where?
Landshut, Germany. Santharian members are invited to Talia's home there (see current picture below). We will try to accomodate as many Santharians as possible in Talia's home, so with a bit of improvisation we might get 15-20 persons in her house - with tents etc. even a bunch more, depends on how many can make it to Germany. There's also a youth hostel in Landshut, so the younger ones will might find accomodation here as well.

(click on image to enlarge)

What?
Aside from meeting each other, the attraction of the meeting will be to watch the Landshuter Hochtzeit, a medieval re-inactment of the marriage of a Bavarian king quiiiite a while ago.

The homepage is currently being re-designed, but here's the link: Landshuter Hochzeit

When?
The Landshuter Hochzeit takes place on 3 weekends between the 25th Junde2005 and the 17th July 2005 at 3 weekends. So somewhere in between the meeting should take place.

How Long?
To be decided.

Who?
This list will need to be filled... So far we have:

100% sure:
- Talia (hostess)
- Artimidor (by train)
- Silfer (by train)
- Artemis (goes by ?, only July possible)
- Arancaytar (by car/train, 25th June, early July ideal)

Need to be clarified:
- Bard Judith (by airplane, later timeframe - more details to follow)
- Drogo, plus wife and baby (by airplane, still need to check if possible with wife and baby)
- Faugar (by train, will be forced to...:D     )
- Dalá'Valannía (by airplane, still checking details)
- Viresse (needs to convince boy-friend and purse)
- Isilhir (depends on what band plays at Roskilde festival, earlier possible?
- Koldar (not sure where he'll be next year, in general intends to be there)
- Gararion (by airplane, probably can combine visit with his mom's trip to Europe)

Most likely not possible
- Eratin (baby is currently being expected, but attending not completely excluded)
- Eshoh (money, not sure where she'll be at that time)
- Tyrian (school, money)
- Mina (money, military)

Let us know if you can come!

Links
Additional links so that you see what awaits you (pages are in German, so basically you might find the pictures interesting):
Landshuter Hochzeit
The Buildings of Landshut
Virtual Walk Through Landshut
German Castles (English)

How do I get there?
If you need to fly your target will be Munich, which is a 30 minutes car drive away.

Munich of course also has a railway station, but you can also reach Landshut by train.

Transport possibilities in Landshut?

Talia has a 7-seat Liteace car.

---

Ok, that's just the basic start. Question, wishes, ideas, proposals etc. - please post here, so that Talia and I can elaborate on details bit by bit.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 8/8/04 20:48

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2004, 13:34:00 »

Of course, you can join in later as well, but then the tickets are gone. Even without a ticket, you can visit the "Hochzeitszug" on Sunday afternoon, looking at the people representing the guest of the wedding  walking in old costums through the streets of Landshut . But there are quite a few people, and the sun may burn hot - or it is raining , and you have no seat for comfort.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Silfer Darkflare
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2004, 13:53:00 »

I would definately be interested, despite my loong absence. That is, if I am wanted.  

Kikhku

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2004, 17:20:00 »

Silfer, you are obsolete, get out.

Of course you'd be wanted, dude, you're one of the older magic peeps here, I think ^^

I'd love to go, but I'll have to see if the United States Navy lets me have that time off and has any flights going to Germany.  Hopefully they do ^^

Drogo
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 July 2004, 21:38:00 »

I know that getting leave is hard, but they have mag flights to Germany all of the time, especially with personel shuffles going on with the CAV and ID there.  At least some of my army buddies have taken advantage of flights there.

I would love to go, but to be honest it is dependent on my wife and the baby, I really won't be able to know until it gets closer.

Dirg'mystrume of the Helvet'ine Kuglim.  
Lord of the North

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 22 July 2004, 23:01:00 »

Well, don't you magical people have other means than having to take ordinary flights, Kikhku? Silfer, of course you are welcome! And Drogo, could and would  you bring wife and baby along?

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 23 July 2004, 09:05:00 »

heh, I have absolutely NO IDEA what I'll be doing next year june/july, so I cant say if I'll come. How much are the tickets for the festival btw? If they are too expensive I understand you'd like to know for sure who is coming and who isnt..
It looks like its a 10 hours train ride from where I live, so it's "doable".
It might be possible to go with other Santharians, at least part of the way? If anyone else would be coming from the same direction of course..

Only         when you awake, will you know you fell asleep..          

Artemis
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 July 2004, 11:31:00 »

I'd definitely like to come, however, I am not available on the 26th of June, although after that should be fine.

I think if we organise it now then people can keep a certain slot of time available over that month, which I will if you decide on the actual date(s). Which is good of course.

(State the obvious why don't I ;) ).

:D   :D   :D  

Edited by: Artemis at: 7/23/04 1:21
Tyrian Jadewalker
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 July 2004, 20:16:00 »

i'd be interested in coming but for 2 things...i can't afford (money wise) a 3 week trip to europe...actually scratch that...i could afford it money wise but then i'd have no money...

even if i could afford the trip i couldn't afford the 3 weeks off of school...and school is important...

but don't worry i plan on coming to europe to visit people i know sometime...i think...lol

:)  

Tyrian Jadewalker

Eshoh Kryvvlen
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 July 2004, 21:25:00 »

Why's it gotta be in Germany, huh? :(

Aw man, I'd LOVE to go... to be able to meet all you wonderfully anomalous people..(Talia, your home is gorgeous!)  but there's so many problems in doing so.. money, for one of course, and I have no idea what I'm going to be doing next summer (I think I'm going to try to go study abroad again.. if only AFS had Germany as a summer program!!), and etc. :sigh  

treading the shoreline, i heard your name...

Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 July 2004, 00:23:00 »

Talia! Your house is BEAUTIFUL! So charming and sweet! :heart  :heart  I really want to go, really, really...I want to meet up with the other members, attend the medieval festival, make Art pole-dance around a lamppost, go mucking about in German castles but whether I can do all those will depend on whether I can save enough by next year :(  :(  So as of now, I cannot confirm my attendance T_T

Checking some online airlines fares to Germany now......eh? Most of the major airlines seem to go to Frankfurt, not Munich? How far is that from Munich? Argh, even the cheapest economy flight to Germany is SGD$1100 for me....that's around USD$640 :speechless  

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 24 July 2004, 12:31:00 »

I see Silfer, Faugar and Artemis will definitely come -  no excuses now;)

Well, of course it won't be cheap especially for non-Europeans, but it might be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, so I hope with a bit of saving some of you should be able to afford it. Aside from that it shouldn't be much of a problem to contribute at least a bit for the long distance travellers from my side financially, so that we get the special guests in. Santharia kept me from any vacations in the past 5 years, so there must be some budget left for special events.

The Europeans of course have an advantage - the younger ones might perhaps get a quite cheap interrail ticket and combine travelling through Europe with the meeting (don't know until which age you can travel with interrail, though). It might also be a possibility e.g. for Dalá to fly only until Vienna in case this is considerably cheaper, and we'll then continue by train or something. You might check such possibilities. Same for interrail travellers in case there are some - if it helps to meet in Vienna, that would be an option.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Silfer Darkflare
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 July 2004, 14:19:00 »

There is no age limit for Interrail, but the price is higher for people who are over a certain age.

And well, I have used Interrail to go to Holland among other things a few times, and it costs me (with the necessary booking of tickets when necessary) around NOK 3000 - whihc in USD is let me see now... about 400. So not that expensive. And yes, lest major ebents prevent me, ill come - I have a good pile of money earned this summer, and despite that I am going to university in two weeks, Ill have enough by that time still.

Beside,s meeting all the famous Santharians...  

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 24 July 2004, 14:43:00 »

If you have enough time on your hands, it could well be quite cheap to actually travel by train in Germany, if you try to get these cheap  ticket called "schönes wochenend-ticket".  I managed some years ago to get from Munich to Düsseldorf (600 km?? or more) for 20 €, however, I needed over 8 hours.

And to the flights, maybe I can persuade my husband to get rid of some of his freemiles...  

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 7/23/04 23:34

Viresse
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 July 2004, 17:47:00 »

oO! that sounds so nifty. I'd love to go. I'm reeling with ideas of so much undertakings and babblings- actually hearing Styrash! writing ideas on paper and getting immediate feedback by sliding it across the table! Boozing and living it up old-tavern style!

do the townsfolk dress up too? I mean- is it like a renaissance faire? Or is it just chosen people? That has me so interested.

As for actually making it (reality-wise) I could make the plans by saving money and all that stuff. But either taking the BF (who has this idea that no one east of the atlantic has seen a mexican man) or leaving him at home could cause some tension. Tension that I understand but hinders me from doing things.

anyway. Keep reminding me of it and I will try to make it come up in conversation nonchalantly. Heh- Santharia and Germany coming up nonchalantly in conversation. yeahright.

*pokey de Viresse at viresse@santharia.com* - Adventures of Caelereth Administrator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]