Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Santharian Tribes Development Master List  (Read 3144 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 19 August 2004, 15:39:00 »

I've composed an overview on what still lies ahead concerning development of Santharian (=Southern Sarvonian) tribes and put it into a table. In the table columns you can find details if the entry is already done (or to what percentage), same with Coat of Arms/Sign, Tribe Picture, plus a link to the tribe entry. It should be a help for developers and artists to see where there is still need to get something done.

In the long run we should try of course to diminish the empty columns - the elves are already nearly completely done entry-wise thanks mainly to Wren, while we still have the most deficits (also entry-wise) at human tribes. So more work should get into this.

At the pictures column you find a "(temporary)" at some tribes, which simply means that there is a picture at the entry, but not really a tribe representative one in full size, showing special features of the tribe etc. Priority at drawings should be given to tribes which are already elaborated in full and which only lack pictures.

Here's the Master List for reference: Santharian Tribes Master List - I will add it to the Southern Sarvonina Forum as well. Let's see how many years we need to get this list completely filled with "Oks"... :lol  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 8/18/04 23:40

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Isilhir
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19 August 2004, 17:07:00 »

That was pretty helpful.... I guess I could help out abit(on the picture departement of course).. I could use some variation:lol

I'll get back to you once I've find an interesting tribe(s).

------------------
In wilderness is the preservation of the world...
So seek the wolf in thyself.

Isilhir
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 August 2004, 17:29:00 »

I'd love to do the Sophronians(dominating women is just the sexiest thing imaginable isn't it :p  ), but does the current information still apply, or will there be a major restoration in which the appearance changes?

Other than that the Volkak-Oshra orcs seems interesting as well.

I think I can get these down pretty fast, btw;)  

------------------

Edited by: Isilhir at: 8/19/04 1:30
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 20 August 2004, 00:23:00 »

That would be great, and the sooner the better of course:biggrin   - In general the information given in the current entries will remain that way, so you can take the descriptions in order to make a drawing. The entries will be expanded and many more details will eventually be added, but I guess there should be enough information for a picture already:)  

P.S. The Sophronians today aren't nomads anymore as they have settled in central Santharia, so stressing too much of nomadism on the pic should be avoided if possible.

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 8/19/04 8:31

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Isilhir
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 August 2004, 09:17:00 »

ok, great!:D  

------------------

Eshoh Kryvvlen
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 August 2004, 11:31:00 »

There are some tribes, like the Avennorians, that have a picture or two, but just have "---" under tribe picture o.O Does that mean you are looking for a different picture?

The Eyelians seem interesting, though...  

treading the shoreline, i heard your name...

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 20 August 2004, 12:20:00 »

Yes, you're right, Eshoh, actually the Avennorians as well as the Caltharians should have "(temporary)" in their picture columns. I've just updated that. So we have something here, but no fullsize pictures, and fullsize pictures would be welcomed.

Eyelians of course would be nice to have, especially as they are very different from other tribes - small and with different skin colours. Perfect would be e.g. an Eyelian with a tamed beast (gryph?) - this way we'd also get a bestiary illustration in case you'd consider such an option. But that's just a proposal of course.

(Note on the gryph: The gryph picture currently on the site isn't correct, as it shows actually a gryphon, having hind legs, while a gryph is just a big bird. A gryph might look like the bird shown at the gryph entry, just without the hind legs. "Griffonrider" Taranthir II. in the entry also should be changed eventually to "Gryphrider". Gryphons are more mythical beasts, but gryphs exist in Santharia.)

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 8/19/04 20:23

Lady Tiaa
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 August 2004, 13:24:00 »

Arti, I know I told you that after finishing up my Earth Eater and Terirais sections, I'd be done with development for a while, but upon seeing this I couldn't help but notice that the Eyelians were only 40% complete. If you would like my help, I'd be glad to offer my services. When I first went to the RPG board a while back, I chose an Eyelian for a character, and it was a bit difficult to get a great amount of information other than the basics.

Even the smallest person imaginable can change the course of the future...

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 20 August 2004, 13:35:00 »

I'd be very glad if you could work on the Eyelians, Tiaa:)  I know once you get to develop something you do it thoroughly - though sometimes with a bit delay... :lol  Anyway, yeah, this would be fine:D  - If Eshoh also decides to draw an Eyelian picture, and Koldar does the finishing touches on the Coat of Arms (in case there is still something to improve/update), then we'd get the complete package here. And we can't have enough properly developed tribes in the center of Santharia, you know;)  

Lady Tiaa
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 August 2004, 13:40:00 »

Yep. I know. I promise I'll TRY and be on time with it. No ten month waits...I promise. :kiss   Thanks for letting me do it. I'll get to the Tribe Development Forum when I've completed it. P.S. you can use this picture for my profile.  

Edited by: Lady Tiaa at: 8/19/04 21:41
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 20 August 2004, 13:45:00 »

Okeydokey:D  

Eshoh Kryvvlen
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 August 2004, 17:56:00 »

As long as Tiaa's not doing any major overhauling, I'd like to do the Eyelians. :smile  So the gryph would look like a gryphon without the hind of a lion? Stil has ear-tufts, though, yes?

This time I'll do a female for a change.  

treading the shoreline, i heard your name...

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 21 August 2004, 07:14:00 »

I thought it should look more or less like the gryph (not the gryphon) picture on the site, including ears. Like this one:

This also shows approximately how large such a bird can get. At least this is how I'd personally would see it. You're free of course to re-interpret it your way;)  

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 8/20/04 15:17

Isilhir
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 August 2004, 09:35:00 »

By the way, seeing as there's a 'temporary' sign in the picture slot for the Jhehellrhim elves, I'd like to do them as well... they seem a nice variation to all the goody-two shoes elves..;)  

------------------

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 21 August 2004, 10:01:00 »

Okeydokey, fine with me as well:)  There's a picture already done by Judy, so you might take that as a rough reference. Remember to draw the picture with the person showing full size, and take a look at Clothes, Weapons section etc. to get an idea what you could show as well in the picture:)  

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]