Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: Program for the Santharian Meeting 2005 & MORE  (Read 113707 times)
Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 69

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 06 July 2005, 17:47:00 »

@Capher:  Oh dear, don't expect too much, Capher.  I'm no young beauty.  I'm a 33-year-old mother of three children, and I'm much more like Cleopatra *than Helen of Troy.

* Cleopatra was actually quite plain, not physically lovely at all, but her stunning personality and sensual nature was so overwhelming that it superseded mere physical beauty.  Well, that's me, without the stunning personality part. :lol

Anyway, you will see me eventually.

Alysse the Likely

Alysse the Likely
Capher
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 5

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 07 July 2005, 09:09:00 »

Say Art does look a bit like that actor.  Art don't you think you have enough jobs?  Now your an actor!! And a famous one at that!! :D  :worship

@Dala...Ah, I see our little house dragon has grown up a bit since we last saw her.  Very Very nice. Dala.  No wonder your mom wouldn't let you go.  Those white slave marketers would get your weight in Uryant for you.LOL.  Just kidding, don't want my house or my body tore up by your little pets.

@ Lady Alysse...Well, now that I have that bit of information.  It just wants me to see you even more.:p  

Take care all of you,

Capher.

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 69

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 07 July 2005, 12:29:00 »

I couldn't get my picture to post here, so I e-mailed it to Talia. Hopefully she will be able to post it for me.  It's a reasonably good likeness except that my hair is longer now, and redder than the picture makes it look.

Alysse the Likely

Edited by: Alysse theLikely at: 7/7/05 3:00

Alysse the Likely
Thuja
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 07 July 2005, 13:15:00 »

Well it looks like just one more night and then I will inflict my horrible personage on all there.:lol   Anyway I am all packed and will catch the train first thing in the morning.  I hate having to wake the sun up.  :(

In this life the old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything, and the young know everything. —Anonymous

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #364 on: 07 July 2005, 14:18:00 »

Got your mail, Alysse, but there was no picture attached.

I think we will find you without as well, or you will recognise us.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #365 on: 07 July 2005, 15:01:00 »

We've just realized that Judy and Alysse will arrive on Friday and not on Thusday as we thought, so the Santhmoot Calendar was wrong in this respect. Gives us even lesser time to get to know them both, and we definitely have problems deciding when to place the Bardic Circle - and we won't have Dalá with us then. So yeah, unfortunately this can't be helped. So tomorrow we'll only await Thuja in the afternoon and Judy & Alysse on Friday.

I'll post more pictures now in chronological order... The first ones you see below are from Artemis riding and things happening at the farm with the other members at this time, then we continue with various pictures at Talia's house and pictures from our (second) Munich trip from the Treasury and then the so-called Residenz.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 7/6/05 23:02

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #366 on: 07 July 2005, 15:14:00 »

More pictures from the Treasury, various churches, the new town hall, the Münchner Hofbräuhaus etc. - Hope you enjoy:

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 7/6/05 23:15

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #367 on: 07 July 2005, 15:29:00 »

Final load of Tuesday's pictures:

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #368 on: 07 July 2005, 15:51:00 »

Ok, and here are some more pictures of today (more to come later)... We made a Bavarian tour, first as you can see we were at a bird show, then moved on to a famous cave, then to a building called the freedom's hall, then via ship up the Danube to a beer brewery and finally to some Roman ruins... *phew*

We have lots of more pictures also showing Santharians, but you know there is a censorship going on here (Dalá mainly allows to be shown in profile and Artemis is worried about her bum) - we are only allowed to post officially approved pictures, you know. So you miss some of the fun here, but you could have come as well, eh? - Maybe next time;)

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #369 on: 07 July 2005, 19:52:00 »

In almost exactly twelve hours I will be boarding a plane in Toronto, Canada, to fly to Munich, Germany.  My bags are packed, my ticket and passport are on the dressing table, the camera is loaded with film and new batteries.  Gifts are tucked away under the short-sleeved shirts, and a tube of sunscreen shares a ziplock bag with the deodorant stick.  The artist's travel tote with various art supplies is on top of the carry-on bag, a couple of favourite CDs lurk along the side.  I have my favorite hat - and a new wallet with a few euros already in it!   Am I prepared?

For ten days away from home - yes.  For the opportunity to dive into a marvelously rich cultural environment (perhaps my only chance to visit Europe) and to appreciate it to its final, sacher-torte-scented drop - yes, as well as I may be, though I may succumb to Stendhal Syndrome before I even get there, saturated in Faugar's pictures!  For the chance to finally meet and hug and hear the voices of my fellow Dreamers and treasured friends... ah, there's the rub.  

"Oh," I wail to Bryan anxiously, "what if they're disappointed?  What if I don't make a good first impression?" To my still-slim-after-three-children-sister who will be stepping off the plane beside me, I don't dare sniffle that I suspect everyone is better-looking.  I'm sure I won't live up to my virtual persona, will make some terrible cultural gaffe, annoy the household by frying onions for breakfast, use the wrong German phrase when trying to order lunch, and leave wet towels on Talia's bathroom floor.    

Then I remember that, despite the last generation's suspicions and forebodings, I do not go to meet strangers, but friends.  

I can't wait.

Love you all, and....finally able to type this... see you soon!

Regards from the bard,
Judith

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Morcaanan
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 07 July 2005, 21:58:00 »

Wow this looks neat...glad to see some of this team got to meet.

Could something like this ever happen again in the future? And who will be allowed to attend...?

Your Neighborhood friendly DragonMaster

Morcaanan - also known as Morc, Korim, Scales, A-13, Dearest Brother, PJ, Prime Minister, and various other random titles and honoraries.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #371 on: 08 July 2005, 01:08:00 »

@Judy: I don't think that it's possible to disappoint anyone. Simply because it's just so great so see and talk to every - so far only online-familiar - Santharian you haven't been able to see and talk to for several years by now; at least that's what I can tell. Finally meeting all these different kind of people with Santharian background is just a wonderful experience I wouldn't want to miss, and I definitely haven't regretted anything;)  You know, if you find out that all these people are just people like you and me with all their own customs, interests, ways of handling things and making fun, of getting exited and tired and what not. - it shows you that these are living persons and no abstract online names. And this is the most important thing I guess:D

@Morcaanan: Well, the question is when and where we can make another Santhmoot. But in general all kind of Santharian members are allowed to attend Santhmoot, but that's all a major question of organisation how many people could live in a Santharian member's house/flat, whatever - and of course if people have the money to afford the trip. - We were extremely lucky here with Talia, who has the space, the time and all kinds of necessary resources (e.g. 2 cars), and I can tell you in advance that it will be extremely difficult to be able to organize a similar meeting in the future. But well, we'll see...

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #372 on: 08 July 2005, 01:49:00 »

And the last ones from yesterday:)  

And here's another Santhmoot picture, called "Artimidor with Wren":)

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 7/7/05 11:39

Viresse
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 08 July 2005, 09:09:00 »

Ahw. Wren. I bet she'd hae liked to go.
anyway. You guys are looking like you're all having fun.
which makes me so INSANELY jealous.
hee!

Capher
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 5

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 08 July 2005, 12:22:00 »

Wow looking at all of those pictures.  Is that an english saddle Artemis is riding?

Are those the Crown Jewels of Germany or what in the treasury room?

Also the group pictures are very nice.  I can see everyone. And the diversity, yet normalness, is normalness a word?  Anyway you can see the diversity and the similarities of all of you.  Kind of makes you really think that people all over the world, though they may have different customs, language, ect ect...are really the same over...Human!!

Speaking of Wren:

Though I have not seen her on the boards.  I hope she is ok, as well as any other Londoner's.  That attack upon the city and the U.K. gave me an eerie reminder of 9/11 and most, the Paris attacks.  Please all of you Santharians.  Take care of yourselves.

Take Care...talk to you soon.

Capher.

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]