Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Regarding the Sanctuary of the Twelve...  (Read 5219 times)
Chronusian
Wandering Wind-Wizard
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile Homepage
« on: 19 January 2006, 22:09:00 »

Quote:
Resembling in shape to a great degree the magnificent Sanctuary of the Twelve in Santharia's capital New-Santhala, it is a large compound of buildings with a dome in its center and two peaked towers in front of it.

From the Ciosa Entry...

Is the Sanctuary itself in Elsreth or New Santhala? I'm confused ><

Also,Is the architecture mentioned here okay to keep in reference of the temple? Or shall I try something else?

Umm... I CANT THINK OF ONE!!!! NOOO!!!!

'Late? Don't be silly. I arrived just in time for tea.'
Melathor

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20 January 2006, 03:17:00 »

All three of these entries state that the sanctuary is an Elsreth:

"Proverbs  and sayings" In the description of "Westan"

"Introduction into Santharian runes"

and "The Avaesthoria ("The Book Of Paths")" under footnote number 9.

so im pretty sure that the statement in the Ciosa entry is just a misunderstanding.
And as far as the architecture goes, im not really sure about that.  

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 20 January 2006, 15:34:00 »

Just keep it in Elsreth and I'll change this reference to New-Santhala. I had this Sanctuary of the Twelve idea in my head when writing Ciosa and thought maybe New-Santhala would be a good place for it, but I already mentioned it to be in Elsreth in some older entries. New-Santhala will have a lot of attractions anyway, so let it be in Elsreth, this way you have a landmark there already:)  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Grunok the Exile

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2006, 23:02:00 »

Why not have more than one?  *Points to her idea of having little temple-of-the-twelve-s*  Just a thought :)  

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2006, 05:07:00 »

Yes, that's what I wanted to say as well. I think Sanctuaries of the Twelve are common all over Santharia. If I remember my own entries right Strata has one and Varcopas something similar.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Chronusian
Wandering Wind-Wizard
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 22 January 2006, 22:25:00 »

Quote:
After Sarvonian War II many friendly visits were paid to the humans by the former elven enemies and at certain locations temples were erected together, e.g. the famous Sanctuary of the Twelve at Elsreth.

If there were more than one... I'd assume that this would be a BIG one... A sanctuary built on a grander scale than others.

The idea of multiple sanctuaries is rather interesting though... Perhaps in the larger towns throughout Caelreth, who do not particularly have to rely on the power of a single deity in order to be successful. Or perhaps in the provincial capitals...

Marvin Cerambit
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 January 2006, 22:38:00 »

Quote:
If there were more than one... I'd assume that this would be a BIG one... A sanctuary built on a grander scale than others.

Not necessarily. The famous sanctuary of the twelve at Elsreth can be just one of the several famous sanctuaries of the twelve (which will of course be big, but it doesn't have to be the biggest, just 'one of the biggest' would be fit as well). How many famous temples and churches aren't there in the world?

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~

Grunok the Exile

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 23 January 2006, 00:38:00 »

Or perhaps a particularly beautifully decorated one (maybe decorated by a famous artist); or one built on the site of a place where a miracle was said to have occurred, or any number of other possibilities.  :nod  

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 23 January 2006, 04:14:00 »

Or famous, because it is one of the oldest...or has a special feature - at least it should fit in size to the town, though there ae of course examples in Britain, where a village houses quite a big cathedreal, but they were build with money not coming from the village.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 1/22/06 11:16

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Chronusian
Wandering Wind-Wizard
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 23 January 2006, 16:45:00 »

I sort of... well... If you read what I have so-far in my Elsreth entry you'll see. I did not wish size, industry, and such to be lost for the temple...

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 25 January 2006, 15:50:00 »

Sure there'd be several more temples dedicated to the Twelve, we should just make clear that some of them are more special than others. E.g. the one in New-Santhala. Or the one in Elsreth. So they could all be "Sanctuaries of the Twelve", but perhaps have something unique about them, so that they have own names as well for example. That was basically the idea when I mentioned the "famous Sanctuary of the Twelve", whatever it might be famous for aside from being a sanctuary.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Chronusian
Wandering Wind-Wizard
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 25 January 2006, 22:48:00 »

Is it OK if I perhaps describe the one in Elsreth as the largest?  

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 26 January 2006, 03:19:00 »

Well, Elsreth is a capital, but maybe we should keep the largest for new Santhala, just think of something else, there are enough proposals above. The largest would be a fairly easy and oring idea, wouldn't it?
Imagination, Chronusian, think of something which fits to people, area (landscape) and history!  

Mina
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 January 2006, 09:42:00 »

New Santhala doesn't have to have the biggest and best of everything.  I don't see anything wrong with letting Elsreth having the largest Sanctuary.  Of course, you are right that merely beign the largest would be rather boring, and it should have other features that make it stand out.  

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 26 January 2006, 10:04:00 »

Yes, Santhala doesn't have to have the biggest thing. But this is a matter of money as well, to build huge buildings. And I doubt, that Elsreth will be this big (don't know). At least Chronusian has to come up with a very good explanation where from or why they got the money.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]