Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Currency: Moving to top for Judith's reference  (Read 10272 times)
Capher
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 5

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 21 April 2002, 08:57:00 »

Ok Art <details details> :lol    Will work on them asap.

Oh and BTW Judith I always assumed that most of the coins would be a "bust" like picture.

Capher, Tribes and Races Supervisor Moderator.The difference between genius and insanity is a very fine line.

Edited by: Capher at: 4/20/02 4:00:10 pm

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #31 on: 21 April 2002, 09:55:00 »

yeah, the more bust the better.... ;)
wait! I was only joking!! :lol

coins, huh? all monochrome, tiny, detailed artwork.... hmm..

Only         when you awake, will you know you fell asleep..          

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21 April 2002, 11:38:00 »

:lol  @ Faugar "bust"

Ok redited, revised according to Bard's and Arts specs. read entry.

Anything else or is there more that needs to be done?

Capher, Tribes and Races Supervisor Moderator.The difference between genius and insanity is a very fine line.

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Gandoria

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 22 April 2002, 02:06:00 »

??? Confusing.. what about Orcs and Goblins? Will they stick to Copper,Silver Gold?

Long live the Razarek, rightful Orc lords.Come Help out at the island of ... http://pub30.ezboard.com/btheislandof

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #34 on: 22 April 2002, 02:54:00 »

They are not among the main "civilized" races of Santharia, and we're working out a general Santharian currency here. Orcs and goblins will probably mainly have a bartering system.

Contact Artimidor - Webmaster & World Development Admin
The Santharian Dream - Where fantasy dreams come true

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 25 April 2002, 15:19:00 »

I am assuming that my entry on the coins has passed inspection by Art and the Bard.  If so I will work on something else if not please tell me and I will rework the entry.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #36 on: 25 April 2002, 15:35:00 »

It looks all pretty fine to me, Capher. In case I stumble about something which is problematic or something when putting it up, I'll let you know. For now: thanx for working it all out:)  

Contact Artimidor - Webmaster & World Development Admin
The Santharian Dream - Where fantasy dreams come true

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 25 April 2002, 18:48:00 »

Your Welcome.  Glad to do it.

Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 25 April 2002, 19:33:00 »

Is there a historical context to the coins when it's done? Meaning, when this general Santharian currency will be put into effect in Santharian history?  

Greybark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 25 April 2002, 20:21:00 »

Anybody volunteering to have a Brownie hero on a minor coin yet?

Brownie Expert

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #40 on: 26 April 2002, 02:19:00 »

Greybark dear:

Yes!  We WILL put Keekoo, and probably Whisper, and any other famous Brownies you can think of and TELL US ABOUT IN THIS THREAD (hint hint) on coinage.  That's the whole point!  

I'm acting as the Strikemaster for one of our contemporary kings might act, so I get to decide what personage goes where, if not otherwise indicated.....

But we would prefer if you would give us a name, a brief physical description, and a sentence of why this person is important to Santharia.  Also the approximate location, so that we can fit them into the appropriate province.  Not all provinces will have Brownies, just as some provinces will be heavier on Elven celebrities, and some will have no Dwarves....you see?  But the more ethnic diversity, the happier I (the Strikemaster) will be!

So - see the top of this thread for directions, or just give me the data so that I can assign them to coins in the right area, and your Brownies will be immortalized...

Regards from Already-On-Three-Coins-For-Some-Reason Bard

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Viresse
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 26 April 2002, 11:23:00 »

*giggles* She's not entirely done yet, but might there be some space for Eghana Hedynn on a coin in Voldor? *giggles*  

Viresse Sheelala

*pokey de Viresse* - character descriptions moderator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 27 April 2002, 01:07:00 »

No one answered my question on coinage, depressed :(  :(

Well...not really! :b  Anyway, could we have Maengolth's visage on the Erpheronians coins during Katya's time...that would be about the time of the Dragonstorm. Is this feasible? He was the Sovereign of the Erpheronians then and I did mention vaguely in a few chapters that stuff were paid by Maengolth's metals so I thought it was would be cool to have his broody and scowly face on the coins used.  

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 27 April 2002, 11:26:00 »

I like the idea Dala.

Greybark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 28 April 2002, 02:37:00 »

Manthria
San- "Keekoo the Deliverer"- Brownie male distractedly looking off to the upper right (don't forget the eyes need to be a solid color). Head size about the same as on  an american quarter. No need for background artwork. (He set the Brownie people free from thousands of years of "imprisonment", as well as setting the foundations for four of the five tribes of today. He created the Browniin language and revived much culture) 4.036 - c. 3975b.S.

Enthronia
San- "Greybark" Male brownie (see icon by my posts) with wind-swept hair, full face.(don't forget the eyes need to be a solid color) If collar is visible, it should look like a normal tunic but slightly furry. Background-flying birds of prey with smaller figures riding on them, clutching bows.(Greybark organized the Brownie flying militia and provided air support in SW3) c. 300 b.S.

Sanguia
San- "Arxxt the Bold" Male Brownie. Contorted face with a fierce stare and a growling mouth. Brownie-syle eyes not necessary. Can be a caracature rather then a true representation. Background: A crowd of tiny figures climbing and crawling.
(Genghis Khan or Attila the Hun of the Rat Brownies, terrorized Santhala during the Year of Darkness) 1678-1949b.S.

Su- "Whisper" Female Brownie. (see entry for pic) Just like in the pic would be great. .(don't forget the eyes need to be a solid color) background: rolling forested hills and a tall, narrow waterfall. (Wife of Greybark, Whisper is also famous in her own right as the one that began magical communication over long distances)c. 300 b.S.

Vardynn
San- "Floating Kelp the Navigator" Male Brownie. Shaved completely bald. Shading eyes with hand and gazing off into the distance.(don't forget the eyes need to be a solid color) Background: a double-hulled brownie aohu'o ship with twin double masts. (sketch of ship and description in progress)
(Floating Kelp was the Aohu'o Brownie that led the tribe to landfall on Akdor. The Milken cherish his memory, as their roots are in Akdor) c. 3100 b.S.

Brownie Expert

Edited by: Greybark at: 4/27/02 9:38:18 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]