Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Cacciatore  (Read 9701 times)
Butch Von Buckler

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 18 December 2001, 18:00:00 »

First to let every one know, I meant nothing against Bard Judith, I was simply making sure it was not about me. Now saying that I was a little upset and aggravated over the email that I received. Now even so I by no means have something against constructive criticism, I was just under the impression that it was not wanted for me to continue this. But I was obviously wrong. So before I go on any further I’m sorry for my childish actions.

First thing I would like to ask now is, Do yall think I should work this out as a race, or do you think I should change what needs to be changed to make it a beast. I really did not want this to be a Race, but if necessary Ill make it one.

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams him self your master."

CLICK FOR MY CHARS INFO

legolas acher

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 December 2001, 18:11:00 »

I think Art spelt that out by saying that this is the last race we sould add for a while

LEGOLAS:" Uragels offical translator"life is like the flight of an arrowmake it true

Butch Von Buckler

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 December 2001, 19:01:00 »

Hmm Ok I guess Ill have to make it a race, that means more work for me and yet another race. but i guess thats what I need to do.Now I want to know what yall think about the things that stuck out about what yall said.

#1 Location. There was something said about them being in caverns. Is that a problem, should I move them. If so any ideas.

#2 Orgin. There seemed to be a problem with them being kin to elves. or is there? Any Ideas are welcome here also.

#3 Now that they are going to be a race should i make them more friendly and not so hostile against humans? Make it were they can be dealt with?

#4ANYTHING eles you see fit to say, say it.

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams him self your master."

CLICK FOR MY CHARS INFO

legolas acher

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 December 2001, 19:10:00 »

Ok I think you have to move them from the caverns. If you for a volcanoe rim ete I coul help

LEGOLAS:" Uragels offical translator"life is like the flight of an arrowmake it true

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #19 on: 19 December 2001, 14:51:00 »

Well, maybe it would be easiest to make it indeed a proper beast instead of race - at least this is what you wanted initially. We then wouldn't run into all those race problems which were uttered.

Don't know if this is possible with everything which is already included in the entry, but if you make it a typical beast then should move away frome certain things like mentioning "tools" of any kind (where you would need a certain intelligence to construct them), words like "civilization" so that they aren't that sentient etc. and seem more like trolls or even apes and similar compareable beasts, which exist on the brink of being a race. In this case you should also give them a territiory where they are common (but not spread all over the world). I wouldn't keep 600 years as a possible life-time for such a beast. Human life-times look better. Also killing dragons seems a bit far-fetched. Wyverns maybe (smaller drakes) but no dragons I'd say.

Let me know if you'd like to go for a beast or a race, Butch...

Santharian Webmaster & Forum Admin

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
legolas acher

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19 December 2001, 15:14:00 »

Any help I can give Butch just ask

Butch Von Buckler

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 December 2001, 16:11:00 »

Uh... I hate to do this, but I have to drop this. I just dont have to time. *sigh* I am really sorry.

CLICK FOR MY CHARS INFO

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #22 on: 21 December 2001, 19:43:00 »

First:  apologies to all for not getting back on this post sooner, especially after such a comprehensive rant.  I was offline for several days and didn't catch up with everything.

Second:  thanks to all of you who took the time to expand and explain my point of view more thoroughly.  I do appreciate being understood (don't we all) and  regret that it seems Butch was discouraged by my strongly expressed opinion. As many of you have pointed out, all of my comments which appeared in the lined-off section were to be taken as a general concept piece which should apply to all designers and would-be designers.  Specific comments about the Cacciatore were given outside that section, and were meant constructively.

Third:  His edited work as it appears at the top of this thread certainly deserves a place.  I'm impressed, as I thought I had commented earlier, with the way in which he's worked out the creature, especially with the journal entries.

Fourth:  Butch - please DO continue with the Cacciatore - if you're concerned about the amount of work, do as Artimidor and others have suggested, and make it a simple (less intelligent and organized) creature, rather than a 'race'.  With only a few more details it can hold its own in the Bestiary (such as info about where it lives, as commented on in the posts above)

Tarquet, oh Great Beastmaster....what do you think?  

Regards from Bard Judith

Bard Judith

"If you will listen to this lay but a little while now,
I will tell it at once as in town I have heard it told,
as it is fixed and fettered
in story brave and bold,
thus linked and truly lettered,
as was loved in this land of old."

J.R.R.Tolkien, 'Sir Gawain and the Green Knight'

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 December 2001, 21:58:00 »

I think, as it is, it would work as a non-sentient, or maybe semi-sentient, beast. I plan on submitting it with the update this week, and if he wants to go on and do the work to make in a Race, then it can be updated later. But, in my opinion, it's fine. As the saying goes, if it ain't broke then don't fix it.

Tarquet Galbar, BeastMaster Of Santharia, He Who Rules The Animals.

Butch Von Buckler

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 December 2001, 22:47:00 »

Well the reason I dont want to continue it is because I dont realy have the time. If you want to use it as is then so be it, or if you want to make the changes to it and take care of it your self you can, It matters not to me. And Bard Judith I didnt take anything you said offensive, I was just being stupid.

CLICK FOR MY CHARS INFO

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #25 on: 22 December 2001, 12:56:00 »

Ok. Now that this is all clarified... Hmmm... - Someone out there who'd like to take this entry and make the necessary final changes so that we can make it part of our Dream? On updating I will of course give credit to all who have worked on the entry:)  

Santharian Webmaster & Forum Admin

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Dawn Mist of Myth

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 January 2002, 23:15:00 »

I will take it over, just tell me in what direction you want me to take it and it will be so.  

"See the Tree in the seed, The rainbow in the storm, and the frost in the sunset."

My Character Description

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #27 on: 02 January 2002, 03:15:00 »

This would be fine, Dawn! Well, just read the comments above. Direction should be a typical beast. Guess we've mentioned everything already, so just take a look!

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where worlds are born...

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]