Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Undead overview  (Read 3271 times)
Torek Ozzot

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 29 December 2001, 22:10:00 »

The Undead are truly a plague on the living, and indeed, on the world it's self. All forms of the living dead proceed with one thought, one motive and one intention, to destroy any and all thing that live. Undead come in many forms, and have many different and unique abilities and traits. The easiest way to separate them however is through their actual creation. The lower forms of undead and the higher forms. The lower forms consist of Skeletons, zombies and specters. All of these monstrosities came from the war of the chosen, were powerful mages brought them to be by bringing back a sliver of the old bodies soul back to it. These beings are known as the "damned", they do not eat, they do not sleep, and they have no mind what so ever. They just kill every thing that lives, mowing over any thing with av's blessing. It is for this reason and this reason alone that the dammed are seen as Coor's children. It is quite ironic when you think about it. Theses perversions of were once men loved by Ava, and filled with life and now they wonder mindlessly, killing life with extreme prejudice, watched over by no one but Coor him self. The Higher level of undead or the "cursed" are very much the same, and yet totally different. The cursed come to be when Seyella cannot decide the fate of ones soul. This happens very really but when it does the soul must be returned to the body. Queprur becomes enraged and before returning the soul cleaves half of it. The body now has only half a soul, and is far more dangerous then any of the dammed. The cursed have a mind of their own, but all have one true goal, the death of all living things. But all cursed are immortal, and may hatch plans for the death of one person over many years. Because they have there own minds they choose there gods, many taking on Coor and turning to chaos, but others keep there old deities, believing that they have been given a blessing rather then a curse. There are very few cases of a soul that cannot be given a fate, but each race produces a different type of undead being. Human's become Vampires, Elves become Gul'morek (commonly called Hell Screamers) Dwarves become Tullgot (commonly called Dread knights) and Brownies become ….(life liches)….
These four types of the cursed are the only ones ever seen, but that's because if you are ever close enough to see one of the cursed, you wont live long enough to tell any one else. That is unless they want you too…

thats the overview, all i need now is to figuer out what "life leeach" means in brownin...

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2001, 19:13:00 »

Alright, finally back, with a rather bruised arse, thanks to the fact that I 'learned' how to jump with skies. Anyway, this seems fine except for the last part. I don't think that specific species should become specific undead, and we've already decided that Vampires do not belong in Santharia (though there is a demon that resemble them). Anyone could be a skeleton, or zombie really. And before you go naming specific types of undead, you should make specific entries on them. You also say something about a liches in there, after the brownies. I'm not sure I understand that, becuase a Lich usually refers to a necromancer who purposefully makes himself or herself undead (this requires a certain amount of power, of course). So yea, there's probably more stuff, but I need to go take a hot soak before I do more work.

Tarquet Galbar, BeastMaster Of Santharia, He Who Rules The Animals.

Greybark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 January 2002, 23:27:00 »

ah....it wasn't a lich but a leech, if I remember correctly. I guess they sound the same....

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 January 2002, 00:38:00 »

Thanks, Greybark, I was a little confused there.

Torek Ozzot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 January 2002, 13:12:00 »

Sorry bout the confusion, I'll try to clear things up a little

- I did indeed mean leech (Stupid spellchecker...)
- Any race can be come one of the damned (Zombies - Skeleton - or Specters it would just resemble the physical appearance of the once living creature)
- The damned are very rare and very unique this is why each race produces a different form of undead. (just as a dwarf is different from an elf, a damned dwarf is different from a damned elf)
- I my self, am quite partial to the traditional 'vampire image' but as you say many people dislike this image. I was going to make it very different from this mold, but if you want I can think up something different...

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 January 2002, 16:30:00 »

It's not that most don't like it, but it's already been ruled against as we have a demon which pretty much fills the slot. Oh, and I saw something about Hell Screamers? Not that it's a bad word or anything, but Hell simply doesn't exist in Sorren. Perhaps NetherBanshees? Something like that.

Greybark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 January 2002, 20:51:00 »

We need a word for the Underside......to replace words like Hell Screamer.....

BTW: did you ever find that old thread where we talked about Life Leeches?

Brownie Expert

Darkest90

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 January 2002, 21:34:00 »

Darn, I always thought Undead as intelligent, just confused and lost souls... you turned them into brainless animals!

Yeah, everyone does... but could their be a type of Undead where maybe a dead body is reanimated by random? Or maybe some magical plant? And when they do this their brain comes along with them.

Undead Ghouls (reanimated by random natural phenomenons - Ghouls... until they are renamed) do not serve any Necromancer, and they have their own soul. Upon awakening, they lose any memory except a few Long Term Memory, like basic language and stuff like that.

Ghouls, when finding another, naturally bands to that Undead, until there can be whole clans of undead, trying to understand their undeath (can't say life) and trying to stay in one piece at the same time, as they are rotting all the time.

I was reading up about ants the other days, they lick themselves to keep from mold. Maybe ghouls do the same thing, until their is a caste of Licker-Ghouls who act as the healers of the group.

Eventually, when enough natural reanimation occurs, there will be a few clans of 10, creating their own tribes, and trying to find where they fit in the world. Sounds like a good story... where could I post it? And do you like the idea of intelligent undead?

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 January 2002, 21:52:00 »

I doubt Queprur would just allow reanimation to happen randomly. But Undead aren't brainless. Demons, for example, are usually at least semi-sentient, just not a race as they are dead. Then other Undead may be smart, but were ressurected by a Necromancer, so can only do what their master says. Also, I doubt people would allow the undead to live in tribes and such. They would probably be hunted down and destroyed.

You see, when we do something like this we need to also think of Cosmology, which is where Queprur comes in. She's Goddess of Death, and doubt she would allow a soul to return to the sphere of existence without being summoned by either a necromancer or one of her clerics. Demonologists, of course, summon the soulless demons of the underside or such.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Greybark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 January 2002, 10:12:00 »

I don't consider demons to be dead....
a different form of life, perhaps?

Brownie Expert

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 January 2002, 12:44:00 »

The demons that I've made, as well as most of the others as I can see, seem to be dead people's souls who just stole some flesh, or were summoned back with it.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 January 2002, 13:49:00 »

That are the weaker demons. The Morashty and worse are supposed to by own species and much more powerful and with most undead demons it seems to be only a myth that they're from dead bodies.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--One Sword might make you a warrior but a dagger in your boot makes you a winner!--

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]