Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: New Species  (Read 7046 times)
Sammykins

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 22 March 2002, 14:55:00 »

I was peekin Around... didnt find very many Felines... So here we go...

Check Web Page for Pictures - mywebpage.netscape.com/Rp...recat.html
Appearance
Skeleton
Strong bones, about twice as strong as a standard bone. Short legs and short 1/16th of a ped.
Very strong jaw and neck muscles that let it stab prey with its deadly teeth.
Medium build- about 1 ped at the shoulder. 1.5 peds in length.
Weight- Males-360-420lbs
            Females- 335-370lbs
Muscle- Pure Muscle, strong and agile.
Skull- About 1/3 ped in length, from base to nose
Fangs- ¼ ped (about 7 inches)- These saber-like teeth were serrated, oval in cross-section.
Jaws- Able to open 120 degrees, unhingable like a snakes.
Pelt-2 different Colorations- Pure in color, mostly tan or dark brown- pure white and Black are seen, but VERY rare.
                                     Orange with deep brown or black stripes, or spots. White underbelly
Eyes- any color eye standard.
Ears- the backs of the ears are spotted black in every color of Saber. Used for sights for cubs to follow when traveling
Tail- Normally black, regardless of feline color.
 Special Abilities                                                                                      
Shortlegs keep the Sabertooth from running fast, max is upwards of 10mph. But, a sabertooth can spring forward, when stalking a meal and cover near 2 peds distance in one bound.
Very strong jaw and neck muscles that let it stab prey with its deadly teeth and hence hold on to a moving prey creature, also able to bite through thick hide, or fur of an animal easily.  
Adaptable, can live anywhere except Extreme cold as long as there is food near.                                                  
Intelligence-very smart, able to figure things out quickly
Strong forearms help Saber’s to climb trees and hunt from high off the ground.
Can see in almost 100% Darkness, Their eyes glow when deflecting light.

Territory
Saber-Toothed felines can live anywhere, where there is suitable prey. They range throughout all of Santharian. A pride of sabre’s will usually roam an area of about 2000peds (about 6000 feet, a little more then an Acre if I did the math right.)
Sabers prefer warm temperatures, and cannot survive in 100% icy conditions, though; there are some with longer fur, the ones that hunt the boars that have adapted over the years to the ice.
Diet
Saber-Toothed Cats eat many creatures They hunt in pride’s so often can bring down animals as large as Hynde’s. Ulgaroth, wooly boars, wild horses and more or less anything that moves. Occasional weak dragons and wyrms have fallen to a Pride of Sabre-Tooths. Whale carcasses also have been seen, half devoured by these strong felines.
Young cats are brought rats and other small creatures until they are old enough to go out of the den and hunt.
Habits/Behavior
Saber-tooth cats lived in grasslands, shrubby areas, and pine forests that supported the plant-eating animals that saber-tooth cats ate.                      
They live in prides, upwards of 50 members, lead by 1 or 2 strong alpha males **somewhat like the Lions of RL** A Male lion will rule the pride until another takes his place. Any cubs in the pride, when a new leader takes over are often killed, to induce heat in the females. Prides hunt together. Males eat first, females second and cubs last. Saber-toothed Cats sleep upwards of 18 hours a day, except during mating times, in the shade or in caves. The other hours are spent grooming, hunting, nursing and eating. Social grooming is highly noted, males will groom a female as part of the courtship process.
Mating
Females reach sexual maturity at around 2 years old- Males at around 2 ½ years.
The lead male of the pride will mate with any and all females in heat. A female in heat will often roar, or “scream.” The act of mating takes around 10 minutes, and a male and female will mate up to 50 times a day for 3-5 days. Females are coy and will walk from the male, who will most often swat at their flank to get them to lie down on their stomachs. Felines are mating induced ovulators, the tip of the male’s penis is barbed, and at the end of mating the male will jump away from the female to avoid her swinging forepaw.
Female’s gestation is around 120 days, normally birthing between 2-6 cubs each litter, in a small under ground den, cave or under a fallen tree. By the time the cubs are 8 months they are weaned from their mothers milk, beginning to eat rats and other small creatures their pride brings them. By the time the cubs are 16 months, they are going out on hunting trips, learning how to hunt large game as their parents do. After 2 years, the alpha males often chase the males from the pride; the females usually stay in the pride, and often help raise their younger siblings.
A Female goes into heat every 2 years.

Origin
Unknown

Researchers
There are many researchers who have tried to do full on research. Many are not brave enough to try to live with these magnificent, frightening felines.

Anything else
Spelling- Saber or Saber Toothed.

Its Me, Sammy!No Longer will All Animals Be NPC Chars!I will Play Animals Till The END!

Edited by: Sammykins at: 3/21/02 9:03:11 pm
Theodorus Holzman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2002, 02:25:00 »

Hmmmz, I like the beast, but that's not my call. However, I think your description is a bit too technical. You should try to make the description a bit like a story, so we can almost see the beast running over the plains hunting a prey. Especially with the appearance I think you're way too techical. I hope you get my point as I'm afraid that "technical" isn't the right word.

"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune-they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures."

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2002, 03:47:00 »

I like felines and would like to have more, but I would prefer a real animal as pic and not a sceleton, sorry! Did you do this pic youself? or the sceleton?Looks like freshly bought from a museum, lol.
Theo is right with this technical aspect as well, you can write all, but perhaps more flesh around it ??

***Astropic of the day***

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Sammykins

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 March 2002, 11:00:00 »

Lol... I provided the Info... If you guys wanna write it in Story form I would be cool with that... I was just given up some Info for the char.

:roll

I found the pic online. Just wanted to show ya guys it.

i>

No Longer will All Animals Be NPC Chars!
I will Play Animals Till The END!
Edited by: Sammykins at: 3/22/02 5:01:21 pm
Ralhag Silverskin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 March 2002, 03:08:00 »

Hmmmm, I dont know for sure, but I would day this animal is too short...

400 lbs, but only 1/16th of a ped??

Hmmmmm....

Oh well....

At yer service,
Ralhag

No one knows if they've bitten off more than they can chew, until, of course, they choke!

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 24 March 2002, 08:29:00 »

Well, thanks for providing the info, but I think everybody has his/her own projects, so why don't you do some fleshing out of the animal? And to your pic, you should credit the source if you take it from somewhere out of the web and say us, that it is jus to look at, thought you did it for yourself . On this site are only 'originals' (in the entries)  - as far as I know

***Astropic of the day***

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 March 2002, 15:48:00 »

Yup, fleshing out your entry is your responsibility.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Theodorus Holzman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 March 2002, 10:00:00 »

BTW. If you've provided this info because you wanted this animal as a character, you're in the wrong forum. Don't know if that's why you posted it, but I saw your sig and that's why I thougt it might have been so.

"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune-they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures."

Ashen Gryphon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 March 2002, 10:24:00 »

Nope... Not gonna create one.. Just another Idea for another species... I have 5 chars... thats enough for now. Lol

Verveces tui similes pro ientaculo mihi appositi sunt. -
I have jerks like you for breakfast
Greybark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 April 2002, 03:30:00 »

Sorry gryphon. You created it, its your baby. Good luck.

***looks around worriedly at close to a million Brownies scampering around***

Brownie Expert

Viresse
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 April 2002, 12:21:00 »

Uh... for a pride of wild Saber toothed felines to roam only an acre... that's kind of... well, SAD.  That's roughly the size of a small zoo pen. Maybe you should make it ... 5 or six times that size...

Viresse Sheelala
~contact~character~

Ashen Gryphon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 April 2002, 16:23:00 »

OK... Try this Again....

Strong bones, about twice as strong as a standard bone. Short legs and short 1/16th of a ped claws.
Very strong jaw and neck muscles that let it stab prey with its deadly teeth.
Medium build- about 1 ped at the shoulder. 1.5 peds in length.
Weight- Males-3.6-4.2 pygge
Females- 3.35-3.7 pygge
Muscle- Pure Muscle, strong and agile.
Skull- About 1/3 ped in length, from base to nose
Fangs- ¼ ped (about 7 inches)- These saber-like teeth were serrated, oval in cross-section.
Jaws- Able to open 120 degrees, unhingable like a snakes.
Pelt-2 different Colorations- Pure in color, mostly tan or dark brown- pure white and Black are seen, but VERY rare.
Orange with deep brown or black stripes, or spots. White underbelly
Eyes- any color eye standard.
Ears- the backs of the ears are spotted black in every color of Saber. Used for sights for cubs to follow when traveling
Tail- Normally black, regardless of feline color.
Special Abilities
*Shortlegs keep the Sabertooth from running fast, max is upwards of 10mph. But, a sabertooth can spring forward, when stalking a meal and cover near 2 peds distance in one bound.
Very strong jaw and neck muscles that let it stab prey with its deadly teeth and hence hold on to a moving prey creature, also able to bite through thick hide, or fur of an animal easily.  
Adaptable, can live anywhere except extreme cold as long as there is food near.                        
Intelligence-very smart, able to figure things out quickly
Strong forearms help Saber’s to climb trees and hunt from high off the ground.
Sabertooth Cats can see in almost 100% darkness, Their eyes glow when deflecting light.

Territory
Saber-Toothed felines can live anywhere, where there is suitable prey. They range throughout all of Santharian. A pride of sabre’s will
usually roam an area of about 5 perry’s ( 5000 peds). Sabers prefer warm temperatures, and cannot survive in 100% icy conditions, though; there are some with longer fur, the ones that hunt the boars that have adapted over the years to the ice.

Diet
Saber-Toothed Cats eat many creatures They hunt in pride’s so often can bring down animals as large as Hynde’s. Ulgaroth, wooly boars, wild horses and more or less anything that moves. Occasional weak dragons and wyrms have fallen to a Pride of Sabre-Tooths. Whale carcasses also have been seen, half devoured by these strong felines. Young cats are brought rats and other small creatures until they are old enough to go out of the den and hunt.

Habits/Behavior
Saber-tooth cats lived in grasslands, shrubby areas, and pine forests that supported the plant-eating animals that saber-tooth cats ate.        
They live in prides, upwards of 50 members, lead by 1 or 2 strong alpha males **somewhat like the Lions of RL** A Male lion will rule the pride until another takes his place. Any cubs in the pride, when a new leader takes over are often killed, to induce heat in the females. Prides hunt together. Males eat first, females second and cubs last. Saber-toothed Cats sleep upwards of 18 hours a day, except during mating times, in the shade or in caves. The other hours are spent grooming, hunting, nursing and eating. Social grooming is highly noted, males will groom a female as part of the courtship process.

Mating
Females reach sexual maturity at around 2 years old- Males at around 2 ½ years. The lead male of the pride will mate with any and all females in heat. A  female in heat will often roar, or “scream.” The act of mating takes around 10 minutes, and a male and female will mate up to 50 times a day for 3-5 days. Females are coy and will walk from the male, who will most often swat at their flank to get them to lie down on their stomachs. Felines are mating induced ovulators, the tip of the male’s penis is barbed, and at the end of mating the male will jump away from the female to avoid her swinging forepaw.
Gestation- Female’s gestation is around 120 days, normally birthing between 2-6 cubs each litter, in a small under ground den, cave or under a fallen tree. By the time the cubs are 8 months they are weaned from their mothers milk, beginning to eat rats and other small creatures their pride brings them. By the time the cubs are 16 months, they are going out on hunting trips, learning how to hunt large game as their parents do. After 2 years, the alpha males often chase the males from the pride; the females usually stay in the pride, and often help raise their younger siblings. A Female goes into heat every 2 years.

Origin
Unknown

Researchers
There are many researchers who have tried to do full on research. Many are not brave enough to try to live with these magnificent, frightening felines. The last documented reasearcher, though, did get close enough to touch a young cub. The parent killed the researcher within an instant.

Anything else
Spelling- Saber or Saber Toothed.

This pic is just for Picturing the Body structure

Check Web Page for Pictures - mywebpage.netscape.com/Rp...recat.html
I cant not draw worth a damn... So Someone Wanna draw um Up for me?

Verveces tui similes pro ientaculo mihi appositi sunt. -
I have jerks like you for breakfast

Edited by: Ashen Gryphon  at: 4/8/02 11:24:52 pm
Ashen Gryphon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 May 2002, 13:29:00 »

~pokes the peeps around~

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 May 2002, 20:49:00 »

Could you change the name? Something for befitting to Sorren.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

QueenFire WhiteFury
« Reply #14 on: 07 May 2002, 11:09:00 »

I cant for the life of me, think of anything.

I thought maybe Long Jaws, Sharp Tygr, or just plain Tygr

I follow the night can't stand the light. When will I begin, to live again?One day I'll fly away, leave all this to yesterday. What more could your love do for me? When will love be through with me? Why live life from dream to dream, and dread the day when dreaming ends?

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]