Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Gresh'LAA, finally in its own post.  (Read 1717 times)
Koji Maelstrom

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 21 July 2002, 14:12:00 »

Name - Tresh'AAL

Overview - the Tresh'AAL is a rare bird much like the phoenix. This bird was captured, but it did nothing, and three days later, starved to death. This bird cannot live without the knowledge of being free of cages and restraints. Therefore, there is no known record of what it eats, merely guesses. What information is available is from observations. The Tresh'AAL can freeze the area around it, and flies around at sea most of the day.

Appearance - This falcon has a sharp beak that is strong enough to pierce solid ice. It's tail is made up of liquid-like feathers that is transclucent like water, yet retains its shape. The Tresh'AAL's wing feathers are the same. It has very shap talons that are used to grip slippery prey and the ice on which it stands. It stands about 1/2 a ped tall, and it's relatively stout wings have a span of anywhere between 1-2 peds.

Special Abilities - By adjusting the temperature of the blood flowing through its wings and tail-feathers, the Tresh'AAL can even freeze the area around it! By lowering the temperature enough, its own feathers will freeze, perfect for an intense, furious dive.

Territory - Tresh'AALs are very territorial. Exact territories are unknown, however, researchers assume they habit all of Nybelmar and many islands off the coast of Nybelmar

Habitat - A cold climate, seen in caves far off the coast. Likes its icy climate, and also enjoys sleeping and flying at sea.

Diet - Researchers believe the Tresh'AAL eats large fish (are there any fish in the bestiary?) due to the large beaks and sharp claws. The Tresh'AAL has also been seen eating rattlesnakes if the fish are scarce. Other possible food sources are as follows:

Behavior - so far whats been seen, the Tresh'AAL seems to like flying by itself. Being a solitary animal, it is supposed it is also very territorial. Be careful if seen.

Mating - No one knows for sure, but there are a few rumors running about. A) it picks a soul mate for life and mate with it every year. B) it doesn't breed, it spawns much like the phoenix, solidifies, then shatters into a whole new bird. C) It fights over the best mate with other males and the next year, picks another mate. And finally, D) it doesn't breed, it is an immortal soul that cannot die. Of course, these are just rumors. Nobody knows for sure.

Myth - Legends have it that every seventy-five years, a giant flock of Tresh'AAL (about 35, but no one's witnessed this) gather at one point of the earth to witness the birth of a Gresh'LAA.

It does have some differences, but I'll worry about that after the Tresh'AAL gets accepted.

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2002, 11:59:00 »

Koji, you can't just take your smaller bird, multiply the size and post it again as a new bird. you even forgot to change the name! As I already said in your other thread about the Tresh'AAL, mention that there is another bigger relative or do a  totally different bird. I would concentrate on the smaller , more well known bird anyway first and flesh out this more thoroughly. It is still far away from being ready for an entry, though it promises to be a great bird once you have put some more effort in it. The thought of a contrary to the phoenix is really good, but this has to be then as good as the phoenix!More comments to the Tresh'AAL in the other thread soon.

***Astropic of the day***

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
SmurfStormcrow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2002, 12:17:00 »

Huh? There's another? *looks around* Hmmm. It sounds like a glacier bird.

Stormcrow

Psychotic Wizard-Type

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 July 2002, 10:41:00 »

Well, same comments apply to this one as the other one.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Koji Maelstrom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 August 2002, 12:12:00 »

Okay, i forgot to change the name, but I did this because someone wanted me to make it a whole new post!  (I'm not gonna point fingers, because I forgot who did it.)  Anyways, I am trying to flesh out the Tresh'AAL first (as I said in the Tresh'AAL posts).

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 06 August 2002, 07:11:00 »

Well, I suppose "the one " meant not only to post the same thing twice , just with another name, but to do another post which should vary quite a bit, other wise it is no use to have two post withnearly the same content....Looking where this other one is..

***Astropic of the day***

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Kendo Gyoshin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 August 2002, 19:38:00 »

it's probably in the second page by now...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]