Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Shaithis Aois: The Crystal Dragon  (Read 4541 times)
Gararion

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 07 November 2002, 03:00:00 »

Shaithis Aois
Crystal Dragon (Liquid Dragon)

Origin:

There is only one Crystal Dragon within Sorren.  It is believed that it was sent to protect the dragons that would inhabit Sorren.  Thus it is believed that it was the first Dragon created anywhere and now it is used to serve as a protector of Dragons.  This has lead people to believe that the Crystal Dragon is the most Legendary Dragon of them all.  It was given the name Shaithis Aois.

This dragon can only be released from the Dragon Orb when all four shards are brought together.  When this happens the Dragon Orb in a magical display releases the Dragon.

Appearance:

The Crystal Dragon is about 25 peds in height.  The wing spand of this dragon is 35 peds, which makes this dragon a magnificent sight to be seen.  It is one of the largest dragons in Sorren, if not the largest.

The Crystal Dragon’s body is made of crystal.  These crystal seem to be harder than the hardest substance known to Sorren.  Although it seems to be pure crystal it is told that the Dragon seems to have the ability to move with grace as if the crystal it was made of was liquid crystal.  With this it also gained a second name being Liquid Dragon.  The crystal it is made of is unknown to Sorren.  Seeing that there has been no samples of it body taken, as there has yet been a way to gather these sample from its hard hide, it neither has been given a name.

The body of ths dragon seems to be clear as the purest crystal.  One can literally see through the dragon though no vital organs can be seen within.  Though one thing can be seen.  The Dragon Orb resides within the center of the Dragon thus protecting the orb from harm.  It is said that if one could get this orb from within the dragon and smash it the dragon will be lost forever.  But as its crystal body seems impenetrable this feat seems nearly impossible.

Special Abilities:

This Dragon flies with unmatched graced for its size.  This dragon does not use any sort of breath to defeat its enemies.  Instead, while in flight or on the ground, it can position it’s wings in a manner that focuses light, no matter how bright, and directs it directly at its foes.  This beam burns wood instantly and will heat metal and eventually melt it, no matter what metal it is.

It also has a ability to effect other dragons.  The Crystal Dragon only uses this ability to protect other dragons.  If it sees that a Dragon has been enraged in any matter and is fighting a already lost fight it calms the dragon.  The now calmed Dragon returns to its lair forgetting all which happened.  Shaithis Aois will continue the fight that the other dragon fought.

Territory:

When this dragon is released it instantly does does one thing for the person who released it in a display of thanks for letting it out tp protect the other dragons of Sorren.

There is one thing it will not do.  If directed to kill another Dragon or effect other dragons in any manner, it will turn on its master and destroy him/her without granting a single wish.  Now if this happens and when the Crystal Dragon succeeds at killing the releaser,  it will do its own bidding, which is to destroy the race of its master and protect other Dragons of Sorren.

Diet:

The Crystal Dragon feeds off from the light of Sorren.  As long as there is light, no matter how bright it is, it will never age.  If the light seems not to exist where it is, it will age and it body will harden.  If kept from any light for a extended period of time it will harden to a point that it will never move again.  If this happens the body of the dragon becomes even more impenetrable than before.  Also the Dragon Orb within it will be trapped within it for ever.

If the Dragon is return to direct pure sunlight again for a full day it will return to its original state.  Note that it most be a full day with no break in the sunlight.  As long as the sun hits the land that it stand on it will have to be in that sunlight.

Mating:

There is only one Crystal Dragon in existence.  It impossible for the Dragon to mate with any other of its kind.  The only way scientists can explain this is that it is the effect of it having no organs, at least no visible organs to the naked eye.

Habitat/Behavior:

The Crystal Dragon is able to life in any condition as long as they is a source of light for it to feed off of.

The Crystal dragon will never attack another of its kind.  When released if it feels that one of its own kind is in danger it will temporary leave the side of its master and aid the other Dragon.  This Dragon is friends with all other dragons.

It is believed that this Dragon was sent to Sorren to become the protector of all Dragons within Sorren.

Edited by: Gararion  at: 11/12/02 2:48:29 pm

Lamertu Kthaen
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 07 November 2002, 05:27:00 »

The dragon can only be summoned when all seven of the dragonballs are brought together :D  

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 November 2002, 07:09:00 »

Hmmm... can you read the dragon entry and adapt your story to it?
I also take it that this dragon is unique buut he's no name? How come? He must be legendary! I see a bit of a problem because currently the Adamant dragons are categorized as the most powerful beasts of this kind, don't know wether Adamantium is meant to be metallike or crystallike but maybe he's a special beast of this kind.

IMO that would explain things a bit better than just stating that there's this Crystal dragon omnipotent and etc.

From his description I would see it highly possible that he's seen as the first of the dragon kind but currently he is too bound to a master without reason (an Adamant dragon would never obey someone so why should he?)

In a whole this concept would need more links to Santharia, currently I don't see it been conencted to the world of Sorren in any way...

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--Santharian Master of Disaster--
One day I'll be the greatest of all Jedi!!

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 07 November 2002, 09:39:00 »

Koldar is of course right, but envision such a dragon is great! Go reading a lot and adapt it to Aér'ai'chan!!!

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Gararion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 November 2002, 11:39:00 »

Okay I will read more and through in a few more ties.

Gararion

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 November 2002, 01:27:00 »

Updated it :)  

World Siggy Federation Champion
~If I Have Helped You In Any Way Please Visit This Site To Show Your Thanxs To Me~
~I offer you a Cup of Joy~

Erutan Argon
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 November 2002, 18:48:00 »

It's amazing Gararion. But as Koldar said, it's seems legendary, or like one dragon and not a race. Well it could pass in my eyes anywho. Good Job.

Gararion

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 November 2002, 03:02:00 »

It is not a race of dragons.  There is only one Cystal Dragon in Sorren.

~If I Have Helped You In Any Way Please Visit This Site To Show Your Thanxs To Me~

Gararion

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 November 2002, 22:22:00 »

Given it a name.  What you all think?  Any comments?

Sahndorf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 November 2002, 23:02:00 »

It sounds really good.

How do you come up with that name? (I still believe Bubble would be best) :D  

Gararion

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 November 2002, 00:04:00 »

Don't know just thought of a few things and put them together :lol  

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 November 2002, 05:15:00 »

Nice outline though I fear this beast needs far more details in its myths and history to work. It is far too powerful and unique to go without any explanation (be it real or mythical). Just stating that he might be the first dragon is not enough. Tell a story that brings this beast to Santharia, from my feel it would currently still not fit!

If you want it to be that important, give it a lot of background, make more details and weave it into the history of Sorren.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--Santharian Master of Disaster--
One day I'll be the greatest of all Jedi!!

Gararion

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 November 2002, 15:26:00 »

Okay I will add more detail to this entry.  But just to let you know that this entry has a pair.  It also works together with the Entry Dragon Relics in the misc. forum.

Erutan Argon
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 November 2002, 17:43:00 »

Ok I see now Gar. Cool name too.

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 12 November 2002, 09:29:00 »

The name is great, but my feeling is  like Koldars, there is a lot more to be done. When starting to read it I permanently doubt my English, because I don't understand a lot.

What is this orb? First I thought it is something like the dragons eggshell, but then I find it enclosed in itself? And what are the four parts??
I think you have a lot of additional things in your HEAD, but not written down!

Reread the first part, let me my argument make clearer:

" There is only one Crystal Dragon within Sorren, though there may be more elsewhere within the universe as it was said..."

-universe- is an expresion which is a bit unclear here in this cosmos, maybe you say : beyond the void???

" that the Dragon Orb fell to Sorren after it was created."

By whom was it created, and where, in the dark winds circling around Sorren, or just below??

"It is believed that it was sent to protect the dragons that would inhabit Sorren. Thus it is belive that it was the first Dragon created anywhere and now its race is used to serve as a protector of Dragons."

One dragon isn't a ..race

" This has lead people to believe that the Crystal Dragon is the most Legendary Dragon of them all. It was given the name Shaithis Aois.

This dragon can only be released from the Dragon Orb when all four pieces are brought together. When this happens the Dragon Orb in a magical display releases the Dragon."

No idea what you want to tell us there.....all four pieces???

"Appearance:

The Crystal Dragon is about 25 peds in height. The wing spand of this dragon is 35 peds, which makes this dragon a magnificent sight to be seen. It is one of the largest dragons in Sorren, if not the largest."

check how big the other dragons are and then say if it is the biggest, talk to others who have written the entry about the Adamant(?) dragons and who stated there that they are the most powerfull dragons. Perhaps these entries have then to be rewritten as well

"The Crystal Dragon’s body is made of crystal. These crystal seem to be harder than the hardest substance known to Sorren. Although it seems to be pure crystal it is told that the Dragon seems to have the ability to move with grace as if the crystal it was made of was liquid crystal. With this it also gained a second name being Liquid Dragon. The crystal it is made of is unknown to Sorren. Seeing that there has been no samples of it body taken, as there has yet been a way to gather these sample from its hard hide, it neither has been given a name.

The body of ths dragon seems to be clear as the purest crystal. One can literally see through the dragon though no vital organs can be seen within. Though one thing can be seen. The Dragon Orb resides within the center of the Dragon thus protecting it from harm. It is said that if one could get this crystal from within the dragon and smash it the dragon will be lost forever. But as its crystal body seems impenetrable this feat seems nearly impossible."

????
The translation I found for orb was something like sphere, heavenly body and such a thing kings have in their hands (Reichsapfel), and with these translations I'm somewhat helpless concerning your orb.

but I really would like to see it flying!! (KOLDAR; FAUGAR!!)

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 11/11/02 3:42:03 pm

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]